The Official Beat UConn in the Bahamas Thread

Yeah. I am in the doldrums but these are the cards they are dealt. The effort is there. Gotta quit with the dumb turnovers and make free throws. Maybe make some shots too. Ha! They are flying around and glimpses of what will be show their face.
have to be encouragaged that the guys are showing some progress.
nobody knows what having Baldwin back will add but progress certainly is better than regress.
we've seen our fill of that.
the rest of OOC we will play above .500 ball so that will be nice to see.

PRock

Elite Member
Insider
I'm in for the long haul - March is a long way away and the draft is even more so.

I'll readily admit our guy needs to play a lot better but he's still quite the prospect unless he somehow shrinks six inches. Bruno Caboclo was the 20th pick in 2014; I'm not just betting on Hason, I'm betting on 30 GMs' love of potential.
I’m still in at the moment, same terms, but admittedly less bullish. Looking forward to see how the next few weeks play out, rough few games right now.

He certainly fits a coveted athletic profile. They do draft heavily on upside. Half the guys drafted never play in the league, so yeah why not take a chance.

But honestly he’s still very limited and hasn’t developed at all from last year. At some point he does have to start showing something beyond blocks and catching lobs. He’s a Junior. He’s not even in the same ballpark as say where Sanders was at the same point.
I sure expected an expansion of his skillset and to beef up a bit.

LQuarles

Elite Member
Insider
Man, I feel like even with our issues, we can beat #1 Gonzaga and #5 Duke. Baylor and UConn are both better than them, especially defensively.

KentuckyRam

Insider
Man, I feel like even with our issues, we can beat #1 Gonzaga and #5 Duke. Baylor and UConn are both better than them, especially defensively.
Or lose to anyone good at home.

(1:51)The Nunn no call was a ref classic. With a 3 point lead, Nunn beats his man and Stockard is waiting in the paint...... Sometimes
other factors control the flow. That no call was followed by another key turnover.

Last edited:

theyaintwantit

Elite Member
I've spent the last 3 days watching them get better. I'm admittedly no expert. But I know what we just saw.
I would agree with you.

You can say the team has looked much better even though their record was 1-2 against P5 competition, and NOT call it a moral victory. Those opinions can be different from one another.

We got 5 home games where will be favored in at least 4 of them (Penn State idk) and one road game at ODU. Campbell and Jacksonville St are probably around Wagner’s talent level. We have gotten better since that game so we should play much better. ODU has looked awful, but it’s their Super Bowl. FAU and New Hampshire will probably be the 2 worst OOC teams we play. And Penn State will be tough at home. Anything less than 5-1 would be a disappointment IMO, based on how the team looked in Atlantis.

theyaintwantit

Elite Member
Greenberg coached Long Beach State in the 90s. He brought a nationally ranked team to the Richmond Coliseum and received a 25-30 point drubbing by us and has never been the same. Then we were one of the last teams in during the '12 tournament while his team, VA Tech, was one of the last out. These things probably trouble him daily. He definitely does not like our program.
fudge that Uncle Fester looking mother fudgeer and fudge the Hokies

Ululating Daddy

Elite Member
We were in the car, so only heard the game with Robby and Rodney. Feels like we're down to the little things now. Free throws, put backs. Sucks to be so close but not be able to close the deal.

One of these freshmen will need to emerge as an elite scorer - question is this season or next? My money is on Kern. One player who can get his own shot when the situation requires it will make all the difference in the world.

RamStrut

Elite Member
We were in the car, so only heard the game with Robby and Rodney. Feels like we're down to the little things now. Free throws, put backs. Sucks to be so close but not be able to close the deal.

One of these freshmen will need to emerge as an elite scorer - question is this season or next? My money is on Kern. One player who can get his own shot when the situation requires it will make all the difference in the world.
Agreed. If we can button things up on the free throw line and find just even a wee bit more consistency on offense, the NCAA Basketball World better lookout!

ViCtorioUs

Elite Member
I’m a bit worried about the team psyche. I have never seen a team play with more intensity than the Rams over the three previous days. This team left it all out on the floor and should have been rewarded with at least one more win for their effort. It is no secret that we are offense challenged. Our one go to guy’s tank was clearly empty during OT against UConn. How can you sustain that level of intensity and not be rewarded? The team really needs its quarterback to return.

That said, what a wonderful effort put forth by our guys. They have nothing to be ashamed of. And while I am disappointed the Rams didn’t come back with one more victory, I am bursting with pride at their effort. I implore the players to not lose heart, this is going to be a very good team.

One more thing, the idiots who called this game referred to it as ugly. What ignoramuses, I’ll bet I’m not the only Ram fan that finds that kind of defense to be exciting and oh so entertaining, and a thing of beauty.