The Official Beat UConn in the Bahamas Thread

Ward made a mistake but come on we all do. He’ll get that back. Tough final minute of the half, but I’ll certainly take it. Love that we continue to force teams to play our kind of ball.

Fouling at half court with .1 left? No that’s a inexcusable lack of awareness.

Reactions: HBK

HBK

Elite Member
Love our kids, but we do some dumb things that illustrate our lack of basketball IQ. Up 28-20 with a 5 on 4 break, and Curry just runs over a guy. By rule, someone was open. It was 5 on 4. Tsohonis getting his pocket picked leading to a break for UConn. Hasan Ward fouling a guy heaving a 65-foot shot at the end of the half. We should be up 6 to 8 points, but we’re up 2 because of bad decisions.

When we finally put together the incredible effort with some good decision making, then we’ll be in great shape.

TampaKAP

Elite Member
Insider
The Rams can play with anyone. Impressive.
I'm guessing that both Baylor and UCONN thought all they had to do was lace up their shoes against the Rams.
THIS IS NOT DIRECTED SPECIFICALLY AT YOU

When people say that team X overlooked or took lightly, or any other version, what they are really saying is VCU can’t really be that good, team x must not be trying there hardest And that simply is not true about this team. As much as the people outside the program and the people inside that are constantly saying if you takes off the rose colored glasses would like to believe otherwise, this team is that good

Gopher+RamFan

Elite Member
Somebody mentioned Ward is sick, which I buy since he's kind of been out of it. With this defense, it just seems like a decent lead should put away most teams.

Newboy

Elite Member
Insider
Somebody mentioned Ward is sick, which I buy since he's kind of been out of it. With this defense, it just seems like a decent lead should put away most teams.
In this day and age, if he was sick, he wouldn't be playing

HBK

Elite Member
Dang one mistake and he should be benched? Lol so glad you aren’t the coach.
No he shouldn’t be benched. He needs to learn and develop. He’s incredibly limited offensively, which is why he won’t be playing in the NBA next season, or perhaps any season.