The Official Must Beat the Ticks in the RC Thread

theyaintwantit

Top Member
Dec 22, 2009
I’d like to see this team look motivated on Saturday. If we are motivated, I can easily see a W. But 3 of our 4 conference losses this year were due to lack of urgency.

Reactions: VCUFTW and mrA10

WillWeaverRVA

Top Member
Dec 30, 2011
This game isn't entirely a must-win, but it's one of the next three games I'd prefer that we win (I'm thinking we could be fine if we win two of the next three, then win out).

The problem is, we really need the guys to be tuned in on this one, and we've got three things going against us: the recent relative lack of offensive chemistry, a very hostile environment at the Robins Center, and the possibility that the guys could be more focused on the big game against Dayton next week and are looking past Richmond after our relatively easy victory at the Stu a few weeks ago.

RAMBALLFAN

Top Member
Insider
Aug 26, 2016
Try not to get total out rebounded by the marshmallow soft Richmond team...that may be a tall order
I’d say marshmallow softness is a characteristic we share with Richmond. Was spoken to last night by TV crew and can be inferred by the 50/50 balls and their control of the boards. I know former players must be feeling sick to their stomachs knowing the reputation our guys had as Broad Street Bullies and what they are seeing on the court. Our young guns look to better align to that mode and I say give them the nod. What’s the worse that can happen, we don’t make the NCAA tourney? Yea, I agree, that’s all but been decided.

Dec 2, 2012
This game isn't entirely a must-win, but it's one of the next three games I'd prefer that we win (I'm thinking we could be fine if we win two of the next three, then win out).

The problem is, we really need the guys to be tuned in on this one, and we've got three things going against us: the recent relative lack of offensive chemistry, a very hostile environment at the Robins Center, and the possibility that the guys could be more focused on the big game against Dayton next week and are looking past Richmond after our relatively easy victory at the Stu a few weeks ago.
Evans, as much as folks like to poop on him here, was a big part of us keeping Gilyard in check. And that was a game we played good defense in, having adjusted and not trapped as much.

We had Evans, Vann, and Jenkins all take turns on Gilyard and it worked out Ok, as it disrupted the UR offense.

Jan 15, 2020

I don’t think we can afford back to back losses in conference. Committee may go well what bad performance against a bad team middle of the week but maybe they were just looking ahead. If lose again especially badly with Francis back we’re screwed. I consider richmond and Dayton must win because I don’t see us winning at SLU and they are barely Q1 anyway. Committee would have let us slide on a L to Dayton and even maybe SLU but not after getting rocked in the face at home to a 2-8 team. You have to earn the benefit of the doubt.

Dec 2, 2012
I’d say marshmallow softness is a characteristic we share with Richmond. Was spoken to last night by TV crew and can be inferred by the 50/50 balls and their control of the boards. I know former players must be feeling sick to their stomachs knowing the reputation our guys had as Broad Street Bullies and what they are seeing on the court. Our young guns look to better align to that mode and I say give them the nod. What’s the worse that can happen, we don’t name the NCAA tourney? Yea, I agree, that’s all but been decided.
MSS is soft?

Reactions: Havoc2Ut2