The Official Must Beat the Ticks in the RC Thread

RAMBALLFAN

Top Member
Insider
Aug 26, 2016
I think we will know by the end of the
1st 4 min “mini game” if the team is 100% bought in, or if they are just going through the motions. That small slice of time will be an indication of where this team is (as a collective) and more importantly, where it’s going. I am hoping for the best, but will have my handle of Makers nearby should we see the worst.

Ramdog

Top Member
Feb 10, 2009
I find it hard to believe after watching ME limp to the handshake line after the game on Wednesday that he will be ready to play a D1 basketball game less than three days later. I can only hope that Rhoades is playing games with Mooney here, or that he only plans to play Marcus for limited minutes.
Get Clark minutes....what the heck .

Reactions: RamStrut and SWV

Half-baked Mcbride

Top Member
Apr 19, 2009
I think we will know by the end of the
1st 4 min “mini game” if the team is 100% bought in, or if they are just going through the motions. That small slice of time will be an indication of where this team is (as a collective) and more importantly, where it’s going. I am hoping for the best, but will have my handle of Makers nearby should we see the worst.
Agreed.....I have a fridge FULL of hazy as F#%k NEIPA's from Treehouse.....enough of those will erase any memory so hard you'll need an episode of Half-Baked Mindblowers to see them again

WubbaLubbaDubDuuuuub!!!!

Go Rams!!!!

Last edited:
May 4, 2012
I find it hard to believe after watching ME limp to the handshake line after the game on Wednesday that he will be ready to play a D1 basketball game less than three days later. I can only hope that Rhoades is playing games with Mooney here, or that he only plans to play Marcus for limited minutes.
Rhoades wants him playing...ready or not.

Dr Joe

Top Member
Insider
Oct 12, 2017
Rhoades wants him playing...ready or not.
I wonder why that is. Let me think, maybe it is because this kid has been hurt almost his entire time here at VCU. Maybe because even though he has been fighting through multiple injuries he has done everything that MR has asked of him. Maybe, even though he cannot lift off his left leg he played lock down defense, with the help of his teammates, the last time we played Richmond. Maybe his coach feels like that kind of effort deserves a level of loyalty that reciprocates that effort. Wish I worked or played for that kind of coach.

May 4, 2012
I wonder why that is. Let me think, maybe it is because this kid has been hurt almost his entire time here at VCU. Maybe because even though he has been fighting through multiple injuries he has done everything that MR has asked of him. Maybe, even though he cannot lift off his left leg he played lock down defense, with the help of his teammates, the last time we played Richmond. Maybe his coach feels like that kind of effort deserves a level of loyalty that reciprocates that effort. Wish I worked or played for that kind of coach.
Oh loyalty he has in spades. But there is a balance to be struck where injury is concerned and effectiveness factors in. Can he p lo ay as he did the ladt game ? Can he do it without jeopardizing the remainder of the season ?
Or is he going if he can get on and off the bus.