The Official Must Beat the Ticks in the RC Thread

Gopher+RamFan

Top Member
Dec 9, 2010
Like the last few blowouts, we play pretty well in the last few minutes (obviously the other team lets off a bit).

VCU85

Top Member
Jan 26, 2016
Mooney has some good players playing well. I personally think Mooney is okay. Glad to see him rebound after the crap the sh$$tty UR fans put him thru last year. Just my O.
That was about as classless as it gets.

HBK

Top Member
Mar 29, 2010
Mooney has some good players playing well. I personally think Mooney is okay. Glad to see him rebound after the crap the sh$$tty UR fans put him thru last year. Just my O.
I think Mooney is a really good coach. He’s done some boneheaded things, but he gets skilled players. By switching from his preferred match-up zone to a man to man this year shows that he can be flexible and do what’s best for his team. Also, he’s a really nice guy.

Jan 25, 2013
Talented? What the heck have you been watching
returned all a10 1st team player /Evans -senior
returned honorable mention a10 team player/Jenkins senior
mss should make 1st team this yr

VCU roster a lot better than U of R

what have you been watching?

Gopher+RamFan

Top Member
Dec 9, 2010
I said it back in November and got some pretty rough feedback: we can’t afford to be a senior laden team and drop early OOC games. That’s when we had our best shot - we should’ve been experienced enough to pull them out. Now our greatness tournament profile weakness is the OOC and away games. Staring at the NIT bid if we don’t stomp Dayton.
Edit: as a team returning everyone but Mobley, we should’ve been ahead of the curve on other teams working in new starters. We weren’t, and it was obvious that it was rough.
I’ve generally been a positive guy, throughout the February of 2011 and MR’s first season. This is disappointing and not just “oh some teams are worse than predicted” stuff. These players were a proven commodity talent wise - not sure what happened to play below our talent level.