The Official Must Beat the Ticks in the RC Thread

RamFanatic

Top Member
Feb 6, 2012
Alright, here’s my try at a rhoades-backing comment. I like him and hope he stays a long time because stability is very important. It’s hard to deal with new coaches every 2-3 years, but he needs to do better.
But, year one - scramble to keep/put a team together. team didn’t play great.
Year two - brought in 3 recruits: curry, Vince, pj (4 counting Gilmore) and has Evans and Douglas. Overachieved.
year 3 -brought in Hyland, Ward, Clark, Jarren. All looks like they could be solid. underachieving
Year 4 - will have 100% his guys. The incoming kids all looks like they could be good. This could be the determine factor of what kind of team we will be in the years to come with mike. I think we have to let the Hyland/Baldwin classes play out before any drastic changes should take place
Hopefully this season will be a small blemish on a very, long successful coaching career.

RAMBALLFAN

Top Member
Insider
Aug 26, 2016
He sure gets stuck on buzz words. I think he mentioned "downhill" at least 10 times in ways I have never heard it used. "Richmond really got going when they going downhill" "Our guys didnt take advantage of the downhills"
Only thing I see going downhill is our program at the moment.
All 5 of Richmond’s starters scored in double figures. What happened to being a top 20 defensive team? [email protected], EMBARRASSING!!!

MarylandRamFan

Top Member
Feb 18, 2018
He sure gets stuck on buzz words. I think he mentioned "downhill" at least 10 times in ways I have never heard it used. "Richmond really got going when they were downhill" "Our guys didnt take advantage of the downhills"
What the ....? We didn’t take advantage of the downhills? Are we skiing now?

May 4, 2012
He sure gets stuck on buzz words. I think he mentioned "downhill" at least 10 times in ways I have never heard it used. "Richmond really got going when they were downhill" "Our guys didnt take advantage of the downhills"
Its intended to describe momentum. Like how coaches often call timeouts when the opponent gers going downhill (faster).

RamStrut

Top Member
Mar 8, 2011
His pressers/interviews are so painful to get through.

HBK

Top Member
Mar 29, 2010
I like fans like you...everybody that beats us is really good...nice mindset....give me more spin ...
Do you actually read what others say before you reply? I never said UR was great. I said they were good. For the record, Mason sucks and we lost to them. UR has a much better resume than we do and arguably as good as Rhody. They are alive for an at-large bid, and we are not. It’s a shame you aren’t intellectually honest enough to admit UR has a good team this season. No skin off my neck. That’s your personal issue.