The Official Must Beat the Ticks in the RC Thread

May 1, 2009
Have to say, I have not read a single post of this thread. I'm just wondering who the nimrod ME bashers are blaming for the loss of this game. I mean, they did say that the GMU loss was due to ME playing 18 minutes in the GMU game and that we would be so much better off if he were benched in favor of playing Bones instead. Got your wish, hope you all are happy.
But regardless, something has happened to my beloved VCU team. They seemed to have seriously lost focus the last 2 game on both ends of the court. Even MSS who is usually consistent - and granted he did get a double-double today - was way off on his shooting. Although I will give Golden his due. He is a big azz man that MSS has to get around. Nonetheless, these two Black and Blue rivalry games between VCU and Richmond this season were like the tale of two cities, each inhabited by a Jekyll and a Hyde
Anyway, glad we got Clark and McCallister some run today. We are going to need them come next season when we have so many young guys jumping on board the Ram train.

Half-baked Mcbride

Top Member
Apr 19, 2009
NO WAY you can pin this on Coach Rhoades and Staff....I mean, Seriously!?!?!

Did you people bangin on Coach SEE the game?!?!?!

This one is on the players....like someone else posted....maybe the Seniors are OK with THIS being their legacy?
You can blame bad luck and injuries, you can point to senior year regressions, you can absolutely say that this team is crap from 3, or they don't know how to fight/position for rebounds....and obviously MR and Staff are part of the overall issue....but in this particular class of guys??? I can't speak for them....let their lame-a$$ family members b1tch and moan, I could give a rip...but the "thing" that's wrong with this team ain't Mike Rhoades and his Staff.
They have precious few games to get their sh1t together before it's bye-bye time....and then next year will be a feeding frenzy for minutes and production and this year will be a STARK REMINDER of what an "outlier season" looks like....Maybe we'll see somethin Tuesday? but it may be too late already....like Yogi Berra said...it's getting late early

Still love our Rams
Still pullin for the Black and Gold
Go Rams Beat Dayton!!!

duncanlamb

Top Member
Insider
Apr 22, 2009
I would actually
Our Sr.’s showed us with their embarrassment against Mason, that for some undisclosed reason, they have resolved themselves to moving on to the next step their life’s journey.

That was further confirmed today by the post game numbers which showed how we didn’t play defense and couldn’t finish on offense (so many missed layups).

I know it will make most on these boards angry but I hope that Rhodes uses the remaining games to provide our under-class men with as much playing time as possible.

Allow our Srs the opportunity to just chill (except for some token game time) and let the young guns work on their chemistry by playing against a top 10 team and then playing some “bully ball” against St Louis.

Just open the gates and let the young dawgs run!!! He11 what the worse that could happen, we lose??!
I am with you on this.

Reactions: RAMBALLFAN

MobileMunchies

Top Member
Nov 2, 2013
cocky attitudes
They're being put in check right now, the only bright spot of the team not doing good. I love my team and it's entire persona, but gdamn some of us can be nasty. No one should be treating others in these ways, which in the past few years has gotten worse. Maybe the change we seek in our guys begins with us, how we speak of others, and them?

Love2Ram

Top Member
Feb 25, 2011
As bad as that loss was it was good seeing McAllister and Ward on the floor some. I thought they both gave us something to look forward to. McAllister crashes the boards while Ward challenges everything inside. They have a lot to work on but I think both are going to be real treats to watch grow.

RamLover

Top Member
Dec 1, 2016
Imagine having to listen to him talk as a player. I used to enjoy listening to shaka, but Rhoades just comes across as bland. I’ve had some other thoughts about Rhoades and his communication skills but, will refrain from saying anything because it will sound real bad but, long story short.....something is missing/off. Not inspiring at all to me but, I am not in the locker room so what do I know. 🤷🏽‍♂️
Geez. Some of y’all are just miserable people after losing basketball games. It’s fine if you think Rhoades doesn’t have interesting pressers or maybe you’ve had communication issues with him- who knows what you’re referencing, but stop making up issues when you don’t know they exist.

It’s clear something is off with the team, but I don’t think it’s lack of love the players have for Rhoades. Do you guys remember the videos from three games this year of Rhoades walking into the room after the game and our team being SO PUMPED jumping around with him and hugging him?

The players don’t just all of a sudden have no love for their coach when they lose. I bet most of the players are blaming themselves, not hating Rhoades.

Think about how much time he invests in this team and these kids. They don’t hate listening to him talk. That’s just dumb. College basketball teams sometimes lose. It’s a mix of a lot of people’s mistakes or issues. Stop being miserable and saying ridiculous things about a coach who has given a lot of himself to try to please you. This is a man who has done so, so much for VCU basketball over the span of many years. Critique his game decisions if you wish, but its just so annoying to see whiny fans make up things about a man who has devoted most of his professional life to bettering a program. You loved him as an assistant and take pride in his conference title and coach of the year status one year then turn around after 8 losses in a season and spread around that players hate him. What a joke.

Last edited:

Half-baked Mcbride

Top Member
Apr 19, 2009
Geez. Some of y’all are just miserable people after losing basketball games. It’s fine if you think Rhoades doesn’t have interesting pressers or maybe you’ve had communication issues with him- who knows what you’re referencing, but stop making up issues when you don’t know they exist.

It’s clear something is off with the team, but I don’t think it’s lack of love the players have for Rhoades. Do you guys remember the videos from three games this year of Rhoades walking into the room after the game and our team being SO PUMPED jumping around with him and hugging him?

The players don’t just all of a sudden have no love for their coach when they lose. I bet most of the players are blaming themselves, not hating Rhoades.

Think about how much time he invests in this team and these kids. They don’t hate listening to him talk. That’s just dumb. College basketball teams sometimes lose. It’s a mix of a lot of people’s mistakes or issues. Stop being miserable and saying ridiculous things about a coach who has given a lot of himself to try to please you. This is a man who has done so, so much for VCU basketball over the span of many years. Critique his game decisions if you wish, but its just so annoying to see whiny fans make up things about a man who has devoted his entire professional life to bettering a program. You loved him as an assistant and take pride in his conference title and coach of the year status one year then turn around after 8 losses in a season and spread around that players hate him. What a joke.
Yup!

VAHills

Top Member
Insider
Mar 27, 2013
I was glad to see Simms and Crowfield not get much playing time, but what happened to Douglas? 4 minutes. Is that right?
Late in the 2nd half I realized Simms didn’t play a single minute that half. You figure if anyone could get up for a city rivalry game it would be him. He must’ve had a really poor first half. I don’t recall him affecting the game in any way.

MarylandRamFan

Top Member
Feb 18, 2018
My apologies if this has been covered before.
Why is Sherod playing for UR and not VCU?
Secondly, does VCU try to recruit internationally? A European style player with a good shot and solid fundamentals would be a good addition for the Rams?

Reactions: RamStrut

thelonious_chunk

Top Member
Jun 17, 2014
My apologies if this has been covered before.
solid fundamentals would be a good addition for the Rams
FTFY.

Wade passed on Sherod.

Think about how much time he invests in this team and these kids. They don’t hate listening to him talk. That’s just dumb. College basketball teams sometimes lose. It’s a mix of a lot of people’s mistakes or issues. Stop being miserable and saying ridiculous things about a coach who has given a lot of himself to try to please you. This is a man who has done so, so much for VCU basketball over the span of many years. Critique his game decisions if you wish, but its just so annoying to see whiny fans make up things about a man who has devoted most of his professional life to bettering a program. You loved him as an assistant and take pride in his conference title and coach of the year status one year then turn around after 8 losses in a season and spread around that players hate him. What a joke.
Blah blah. You want the big gig at VCU you better win big and often. All the softness around here is tiring. We just got WHIPPED by two lesser in-state rivals in a week. 8 losses is too f%%cking many.