The Official Must Beat the Ticks in the RC Thread

KentuckyRam

Insider
Jul 16, 2009
My apologies if this has been covered before.
Why is Sherod playing for UR and not VCU?
Secondly, does VCU try to recruit internationally? A European style player with a good shot and solid fundamentals would be a good addition for the Rams?
A former coach who preferred highly rated players which looked good on his resume.

I can think of a former player that has a big smile this morning. Easy Ed.

RamLover

Top Member
Dec 1, 2016
FTFY.

Wade passed on Sherod.

Blah blah. You want the big gig at VCU you better win big and often. All the softness around here is tiring. We just got WHIPPED by two lesser in-state rivals in a week. 8 losses is too f%%cking many.
I’m not soft. I’m just not stupid. Be mad at the players, if anyone. It’s also ignorant to say UR is a “lesser in-state rival.“ if you’ve been paying attention all season and stopped thinking VCU is automatically the best, you’d know UR has been on par with us all year long. Everyone knew this game would be hard to win even before we started recently losing.
You can’t blame one person for what’s happening when you have zero clue what goes on in preparation, practice, locker rooms, etc.
You should be angry, but you need to redistribute your anger to the right places. It’s not soft to realize our coach should be respected. It’s just the easiest person for people like you to blame when you feel embarrassed that the team who has allowed you to be proud for so long struggles. I wouldn’t ever pretend that I should tell you that you’re doing YOUR job incorrectly because I have zero clue what you do, why you do it the way you do, and I would hope you would have reasons behind the choices you make. Award the same respect to someone whose been doing it right for awhile.

PLUS, I directly was speaking to not insinuating that the players hate listening to him talk. So chill.

Last edited:
May 19, 2015
They're being put in check right now, the only bright spot of the team not doing good. I love my team and it's entire persona, but gdamn some of us can be nasty. No one should be treating others in these ways, which in the past few years has gotten worse. Maybe the change we seek in our guys begins with us, how we speak of others, and them?
MM fortunately it is only a few in here and the others are trolls. When they hit the pine, thousands cheer them on to let them know how much we appreciate their reppin VCU and their dedication to the sport. 😁

vcumad

Insider
Jan 19, 2010
My apologies if this has been covered before.
Why is Sherod playing for UR and not VCU?
Secondly, does VCU try to recruit internationally? A European style player with a good shot and solid fundamentals would be a good addition for the Rams?
While Sherod can shoot well at times, he is unathletic and cannot cover his shadow on defense. He doesn't play for us because at least 2 VCU coaches didn't think enough of him to offer a scholarship...and a couple great games a year at UR does not change my opinion that they made the right choice.

Reactions: DNB and Newboy

Mistachill

Top Member
Apr 20, 2009
While Sherod can shoot well at times, he is unathletic and cannot cover his shadow on defense. He doesn't play for us because at least 2 VCU coaches didn't think enough of him to offer a scholarship...and a couple great games a year at UR does not change my opinion that they made the right choice.
Honestly they can have Sherod if you ask me.

PhantomRam

Top Member
Apr 30, 2009
It's just a basketball game, so much more in life to be happy about and experience.
I am a donor and bleed black & gold too, but man, some of you need to work on some life balance.
MR and the VCU Rams do not dictate my happiness, but it is part of my life that I enjoy it.

HTTRams!

Top Member
Jan 18, 2014
Geez. Some of y’all are just miserable people after losing basketball games. It’s fine if you think Rhoades doesn’t have interesting pressers or maybe you’ve had communication issues with him- who knows what you’re referencing, but stop making up issues when you don’t know they exist.

It’s clear something is off with the team, but I don’t think it’s lack of love the players have for Rhoades. Do you guys remember the videos from three games this year of Rhoades walking into the room after the game and our team being SO PUMPED jumping around with him and hugging him?

The players don’t just all of a sudden have no love for their coach when they lose. I bet most of the players are blaming themselves, not hating Rhoades.

Think about how much time he invests in this team and these kids. They don’t hate listening to him talk. That’s just dumb. College basketball teams sometimes lose. It’s a mix of a lot of people’s mistakes or issues. Stop being miserable and saying ridiculous things about a coach who has given a lot of himself to try to please you. This is a man who has done so, so much for VCU basketball over the span of many years. Critique his game decisions if you wish, but its just so annoying to see whiny fans make up things about a man who has devoted most of his professional life to bettering a program. You loved him as an assistant and take pride in his conference title and coach of the year status one year then turn around after 8 losses in a season and spread around that players hate him. What a joke.
Dude, what in the fuc* are you talking about?! When the heck did I ever say the players hated him? When in the f did I ever say I had communication issues with him? When in the heck did I ever make up issues that don't exist? darn, can someone have an opinion on something and not get bashed for it? THIS, your response to me simply having an opinion, is what's a joke. You are weak dude. I should have never unmuted the ignored comments.

theyaintwantit

Top Member
Dec 22, 2009
Not to mention - his grandfather and VCU don’t really have a relationship anymore.