The Official Must Beat the Ticks in the RC Thread

MobileMunchies

Top Member
Nov 2, 2013
It's just a basketball game, so much more in life to be happy about and experience.
I am a donor and bleed black & gold too, but man, some of you need to work on some life balance.
MR and the VCU Rams do not dictate my happiness, but it is part of my life that I enjoy it.
Pleasant but unusual to experience maturity and humility these days, I would say just in sports, but yeah, this covers pretty much everywhere.

theyaintwantit

Top Member
Dec 22, 2009
It's just a basketball game, so much more in life to be happy about and experience.
I am a donor and bleed black & gold too, but man, some of you need to work on some life balance.
MR and the VCU Rams do not dictate my happiness, but it is part of my life that I enjoy it.
MR and the VCU Rams control a lot of what I do from November - March. I schedule vacations and trips based off of their schedule. I have the schedule on a board in my kitchen so my girlfriend knows what nights I will be busy.

But at the end of the day, I’m the non-athlete who does not know what goes on behind the scenes. I don’t know what the players did when they went home last night. I don’t know how much sleep (or lack there of) did MR get after we lost to Mason. I’m not there for summer workouts running stairs at Libbie Hill Park or wind sprints at Sportsbackers. I’m just an unauthentic 27 year old who’s lived in Richmond my whole life and will probably never leave because my favorite hobbies are going to games at the Siegel Center and streaming Cubs games on my lap top.

This season has been a disappointment so far, but it’s far from over. Have a little faith.

Half-baked Mcbride

Top Member
Apr 19, 2009
Yea man!! I spent last night at my 7th Daddy/Daughter Dance in our town! And she's a 13 year old who still wants to go with her old dad (who may or may not dance like an older Lord Alfred Hayes) so I hear ya!

RamLover

Top Member
Dec 1, 2016
Dude, what in the fuc* are you talking about?! When the heck did I ever say the players hated him? When in the f did I ever say I had communication issues with him? When in the heck did I ever make up issues that don't exist? darn, can someone have an opinion on something and not get bashed for it? THIS, your response to me simply having an opinion, is what's a joke. You are weak dude. I should have never unmuted the ignored comments.
You said, “imagine having to listen to him talk as a player.” That seems like you’re saying the players don’t like listening to him talk. What did you mean If not that?
You also said you had thoughts about Rhoades’ communication skills which were too bad to go into detail about. That sounds like you had issues with his communication.
You can have an opinion. I don’t take issue if you think he’s boring or whatever, but don’t make it seem like the players don’t respect him or get pumped for him as their coach. There has been plenty of evidence to prove otherwise.

HTTRams!

Top Member
Jan 18, 2014
You said, “imagine having to listen to him talk as a player.” That seems like you’re saying the players don’t like listening to him talk. What did you mean If not that?
You also said you had thoughts about Rhoades’ communication skills which were too bad to go into detail about. That sounds like you had issues with his communication.
You can have an opinion. I don’t take issue if you think he’s boring or whatever, but don’t make it seem like the players don’t respect him or get pumped for him as their coach. There has been plenty of evidence to prove otherwise.
You are the only one who brought up players not respecting him....I never said that, so don’t put words in my mouth. That convo was based off a convo I had with someone else and it was a joke about how he comes across as boring at times. I also followed up by saying, that's just my opinion, I don't know as I am not in the locker room....yet you seemed to miss that part, but, okay.

RamLover

Top Member
Dec 1, 2016
You are the only one who brought up players not respecting him....I never said that, so don’t put words in my mouth. That convo was based off a convo I had with someone else and it was a joke about how he comes across as boring at times. Don’t jump into the middle of another convo and make assumptions. Thanks.
When you say “imagine having to listen to him as a player,” you are indicating that it is a negative experience for them. It makes it seem like you’re saying they don’t respect what he has to say. Again, if you didn’t mean that, what did you mean instead?
A forum is exactly what asking me not to do. People post things, and then people comment on them. Lol

Nov 20, 2009
But why was he the one way out there?
one would guess part of the game plan was to shut down their 3's, which we did in game 1.
and ya can't do that without going out there.

as was said above, it didn't matter squat on the game.

and as I do in golf, once you made the decision, then the shot, forget about it, go find it and hit it again. when the round is over, post the score, learn from it, forget about it . There's a next round ahead of you.

game over. learn from it.

NEXT!

Wolfpack Ram

Top Member
Apr 21, 2009
How do we get kicked in the plumbs from URI (twice), rally to beat a good (not great) Davidson team, then forget why they went to the Stu when Mason came to town, and end the latest leg of their journey by getting owned less than 9 miles from home with a large support contingent there to cheer them on. I can’t wrap my head around how these seniors are viewing their legacy 🤔
The way this team is playing, you can pretty much bet that the next two games against Dayton and @SLU will also be losses. Unfortunately/sadly, this team hasn't hit rock bottom yet.

VCU85

Top Member
Jan 26, 2016
The way this team is playing, you can pretty much bet that the next two games against Dayton and @SLU will also be losses. Unfortunately/sadly, this team hasn't hit rock bottom yet.
Oh I'd say losing to GM, and FUR in the same week is pretty d*mn close if not rock bottom.

Reactions: ssvcu90 and Ramdog

Half-baked Mcbride

Top Member
Apr 19, 2009
Oh I'd say losing to GM, and FUR in the same week is pretty d*mn close if not rock bottom.
hold on, now...we have @umass and host GW in a week or so.....that would be a real nut punch. :lol:

Of course, those games will come after the impending Dayton/SLU W's.....sooooooo, I'm gonna go back to my old Dog with his head out the window self and say 4 GAME WINNING STREAK!!!

Reactions: VCU85 and SpiderRAM

BracketForecast

Top Member
May 9, 2011
You are correct, but some of us use VCU basketball to distract us from serious issues like catastrophic health problems, a collapsing democracy, a planet that's on fire, etc. Some of those things are too hard to think about 24/7 so we invest our nervous energy into things like this that aren't as serious.

RESRam

Insider
Apr 21, 2009
I’ll confess to having underestimated UR. Couldn’t imagine them being able to have their way with us like they did, even on their home floor. Have to give them credit. Our team has been more enigmatic than any other year I can recall. Baffling.

Reactions: mrA10 and Newboy