The Official Now That is a Tasty Beer Thread

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Ramcounter, Sep 30, 2013.

1. ramzilla

ramzilla Hall of Famer Top Member

I am enjoying a frosty Hardywood VIPA this evening. I would also concur with those who have mentioned Stone Ruination - it is also an excellent choice.

2. Rambler

Rambler 6th Man

For those of you who visit the Northern Neck - Chesapeake Bay area, I stumbled upon a little country grocery store in Kilmarnock called Tri Star. I was pleasantly surprised to find their shelves stocked with a large variety of craft beers from all over the country. I like to try new beers so I purchased one that isn't distributed in Florida...Deschutes Brewery Fresh Squeezed IPA. It was very good! I looked up Deschutes and it sounds like they have or are planning to open a brewery in Roanoke.

3. Ram14

Ram14 Legend Top Member

That store doesn't look like much from the outside, but in addition to the beer selection they carry good selections of meat. The butcher will cut your steaks however you want. On the beer front I met @92 Ram at the new Strangeways Brewery in Fredericksburg yesterday snd we both sampled the Gelato Celesti Stout Which is flavored w the chivalry decadence flavoring by Mid Atlantic's best Gelato maker since 1984

Rambler likes this.
  4. Rambler

Rambler 6th Man

I was told to place a flea collar on each ankle before entering Tri Star. :)

The outstanding craft beer selection and tasty meats more than made up for the dingy appearance.

5. Ram14

Ram14 Legend Top Member

I am passing through Richmond today and tomorrow and have to say two things 1. I can't wait to move back and I love Richmond 2. There are a million tasty beers

6. Ram14

Ram14 Legend Top Member

The best of both worlds- an IPA with a touch of stout - This Black IPA by the local brewery in Cromarty was a "Tasty Beer"
    IMG_1942.JPG

rollins77 likes this.
  7. Cyniclone

Cyniclone Hall of Famer Top Member

Was in town Saturday for the return of Hardywood's GBS. Anyone try this year's version, and what were their thoughts? It definitely seemed less sweet and more spicy than in years past, like going from a Canada Dry-style ginger ale to say Blenheim. It's good but hits my palate differently than last year's. Could just be first run and might change as the season progresses.

Looking forward to the wealth of varieties, especially the double barrel (rum, then bourbon) and apple brandy. And Kentucky Christmas morning, of course.

8. Ramcounter

Ramcounter Hall of Famer

rollins77 likes this.
  9. Ram14

Ram14 Legend Top Member

I much prefer the Bourbon Barrel Gingerbread Stout

10. WestEndEd

WestEndEd All-Star Top Member

11. Ram14

Ram14 Legend Top Member

I just figured out why we haven't been winning enough lately, nobody has posted in the BEER Thread in almost two months. I enjoyed a reliable bottle of Gingerbread Stout during The Super Bowl and also sampled some good beer at The soon to be opened Kilmarnock Brewhaus In The NN. Also hoping to stop by Stone pregame tomorrow. Ok, hopefully I have broken the beer jinx

ramzilla likes this.
  12. Ram14

Ram14 Legend Top Member

It worked so I am sticking with it. Just purchased some Dogfish 90 minute IPA to enjoy during the URI-UR game. @92RAM introduced me to this beer last year !

92RAM likes this.
  13. 92RAM

92RAM All-Star

14. Ram14

Ram14 Legend Top Member

Driving from DC to NN anddae a sign on Rt 3 in Fredericksburg. Highmark Brewery. Folks it is a winner. Their full range of beers all are worth a growler fill and that is saying a lot !!!

92RAM and Havoc2Ut2 like this.
  15. Havoc2Ut2

Havoc2Ut2 Legend Top Member

Just tap the perfect Guinness for me thanks. Or a Millennium Ale right off the cask!