The Official Off Season Thread

duncanlamb

Top Member
Apr 22, 2009
Ok. As a big man apologist, I have to sound off.

Screw all the new fangled positionless basketball proponents throwing shade on Giannas's game 6 performance...going around saying his performance was all due to his height and marginalized his skill level!!

Especially, James Harden, who just pissed because he could not get it done in Houston or Brooklyn surrounded by all-stars.

Love live skilled Big men!!!

Glad I got that off my chest: 😃

AlienAiden

Top Member
Insider
May 3, 2012
Ok. As a big man apologist, I have to sound off.

Screw all the new fangled positionless basketball proponents throwing shade on Giannas's game 6 performance...going around saying his performance was all due to his height and marginalized his skill level!!

Especially, James Harden, who just pissed because he could not get it done in Houston or Brooklyn surrounded by all-stars.

Love live skilled Big men!!!

Glad I got that off my chest: 😃
Not sure what I am missing here but Giannis a player that plays from the top to the glass. He IS positionless. And I have not read anything that marginalized his greatness.

goruck

Insider
Oct 24, 2018
Not sure what I am missing here but Giannis a player that plays from the top to the glass. He IS positionless. And I have not read anything that marginalized his greatness.

I remember reading/hearing how some players like Harden marginalized how he played in the past "bully ball"....

Reactions: AlienAiden

AlienAiden

Top Member
Insider
May 3, 2012
I remember reading/hearing how some players like Harden marginalized how he played in the past "bully ball"....
Eh, I have heard that about LeBron too. Aggressiveness is always good in my book. Giannis is an incredible story. From street vendor in Greece to the pinnacle of professional basketball. Also, most franchise players choose opt out of small markets after their first contract. Props to Giannis for loyalty to the Bucks. I was rooting for him.

Reactions: goruck and mrgeode

mrgeode

Top Tuna
Top Member
Mar 22, 2013
Harden's lack of effort on defense is overblown, but Antetokounmpo is as far beyond him on that side as Harden is beyond me. If the most skilled player always won, Chris Paul would be a multi-time champ. He's not because he's the same height I am. That's not his fault, it's just life.

TampaKAP

Top Member
Insider
Apr 21, 2009
No disrespect to Giannis but I don't believe being the most skilled is what win championships. It takes an entire team. If anyone on the Buck's has a complaint, its Kris Middleton. He is greatly underrated. I would argue that if Middleton is not there they don't win it.

FYI, I don't think Harden was completely wrong in his statement. The "shorter" you are the more skill you have to have to be successful especially at that level.

goruck

Insider
Oct 24, 2018
Eh, I have heard that about LeBron too. Aggressiveness is always good in my book. Giannis is an incredible story. From street vendor in Greece to the pinnacle of professional basketball. Also, most franchise players choose opt out of small markets after their first contract. Props to Giannis for loyalty to the Bucks. I was rooting for him.
Agree, but it seemed some NBA stars really took exception to how Giannis plays. Really glad he was able to win and put his stamp on the NBA.....goes hard on both ends of the floor. Something Harden should take note of. :)

Reactions: duncanlamb

mrgeode

Top Tuna
Top Member
Mar 22, 2013
No disrespect to Giannis but I don't believe being the most skilled is what win championships. It takes an entire team. If anyone on the Buck's has a complaint, its Kris Middleton. He is greatly underrated. I would argue that if Middleton is not there they don't win it.

FYI, I don't think Harden was completely wrong in his statement. The "shorter" you are the more skill you have to have to be successful especially at that level.
He's not wrong. If you take it at face value he's just saying he wishes he were a little bit taller. So do I. Woulda been a baller, shot caller...

The one who should take it slightly poorly is Brogdon. He was a perfect fit for how they play and they went with Bledsoe and let him walk. Obviously they turned out OK, but there's no huge need to sweat the miss on signing Bogdanovic if Brogdon stays (but maybe also no Holiday).

Reactions: TampaKAP

PRock

Top Member
Insider
Feb 9, 2010
He's not wrong. If you take it at face value he's just saying he wishes he were a little bit taller. So do I. Woulda been a baller, shot caller...

The one who should take it slightly poorly is Brogdon. He was a perfect fit for how they play and they went with Bledsoe and let him walk. Obviously they turned out OK, but there's no huge need to sweat the miss on signing Bogdanovic if Brogdon stays (but maybe also no Holiday).