The Official Off Season Thread

BaNgMyPrOgRaM

Top Member
Mar 27, 2009
Three A-10 schools on the most passionate fan base by state image!

Ohio, Missouri and of course the Commonwealth of Virginia!!

AlienAiden

Top Member
Insider
May 3, 2012
Off season thread, huh? Oklahoma and Texas to the SEC?
If that happens dominoes are going to fall. Anything could happen. The Big Ten could call Clemson and Notre Dame. The Big12 would raid some ACC schools too. The American teams might be plucked for the Big12. Who knows but it would become wild.

Reactions: Newboy

duncanlamb

Top Member
Apr 22, 2009
If that happens dominoes are going to fall. Anything could happen. The Big Ten could call Clemson and Notre Dame. The Big12 would raid some ACC schools too. The American teams might be plucked for the Big12. Who knows but it would become wild.
Houston and Memphis to the big 12.

VCU Heel

Top Member
Aug 7, 2012
The ACC is doing great financially and isn’t getting raided by the Big 12. And Clemson isn’t going to the Big Ten. They wouldn’t want to be in that conference and they don’t meet the academic requirements that the Big Ten wants. Notre Dame is more likely to join the ACC than the Big Ten at this point.

But it could get wild. I would think the Big 12 would be forced to go after schools like Memphis, Houston, and Cincy.

The reality is that Texas and Oklahoma are probably using this as a ploy to get larger shares of Big 12 revenues.

AlienAiden

Top Member
Insider
May 3, 2012
The ACC is doing great financially and isn’t getting raided by the Big 12. And Clemson isn’t going to the Big Ten. They wouldn’t want to be in that conference and they don’t meet the academic requirements that the Big Ten wants. Notre Dame is more likely to join the ACC than the Big Ten at this point.

But it could get wild. I would think the Big 12 would be forced to go after schools like Memphis, Houston, and Cincy.

The reality is that Texas and Oklahoma are probably using this as a ploy to get larger shares of Big 12 revenues.
UNC will have to make a move to the Big South.

VCU Heel

Top Member
Aug 7, 2012
UNC will have to make a move to the Big South.
LOL… UNC and UVA are two schools that could actually look at the Big Ten and would probably get immediate invites, but neither would do it. There was some worry about the ACC a while back, but the conference is on pretty equal financial footing right now with the Big Ten and SEC.

If this Texas/OU move happens (and I’m still skeptical), the Big Ten, ACC, and PAC 12 might start to scavenge the remains for any good additions. Kansas and Baylor are probably the two biggest prizes at this point. The remains of the Big 12 would probably try to merge with the best teams in the AAC, but I’m not sure what would form would be worthy of a P5 status when it comes to the likely future 12 team playoff.

I do think that Notre Dame will eventually be a full time member of the ACC. It’s just a matter of time.

• Love
Reactions: BaNgMyPrOgRaM

AlienAiden

Top Member
Insider
May 3, 2012
If I was Kansas, then I’d be contacting the Big Ten, the Big East, and the PAC 12 today.
The Big12 is still a strong conference even with the loss of Texas and Oklahoma. They would just need to pursue some good replacements.