The Official Off Season Thread

BradRamFan

Elite Member
I wish Olympic basketball would go back to being made up of amateur's. When it went professional, I stopped watching the olympics.

AlienAiden

Elite Member
Insider
I wish Olympic basketball would go back to being made up of amateur's. When it went professional, I stopped watching the olympics.
The issue was that European players were playing in pro leagues for years when it was considered “amateur”. Heck, swimmers are now swimming for pro clubs after college. People get all worked up but the USA is not even close to having their best players on the team this year. Couple that with little practice time and apathetic play and you have 2021 USA bball.

AlienAiden

Elite Member
Insider
Oh and I watched the junior Olympics too. USA had a battle with France and got that win. USA was playing with Under 18 college players and high schoolers. France had guys that were playing for pro club teams at 17. Europeans play and practice together so there is not much of a divide team wise these days. Not much of a talent gap anymore. Just look at the draft.

PRock

Elite Member
Insider
The issue was that European players were playing in pro leagues for years when it was considered “amateur”. Heck, swimmers are now swimming for pro clubs after college. People get all worked up but the USA is not even close to having their best players on the team this year. Couple that with little practice time and apathetic play and you have 2021 USA bball.
Yeah, let’s also call out the obvious….Pop is screwing the pooch big time. It’s absurd to change tactical style with so little time for guys to prepare. Agree this is no dream team, but it is still far and away more talented than any other team

Lindquist is actually a pretty good guy. Ive known him for a long time. He covered the Kickers for many years. We always had good conversations. Pollio was just a classless jerk. He was in over his head from day one. I dont know anyone in the athletic dept who really liked him. He was just tolerated. He ran a great program into the ground. The players didnt really like him either. He left almost all the recruiting up to Eddie Webb. Hardly anyone knew who he was so he had no recruiting clout.

BradRamFan

Elite Member
how much group practice do players get with their team for the NBA Allstar game?

AlienAiden

Elite Member
Insider
Lindquist is actually a pretty good guy. Ive known him for a long time. He covered the Kickers for many years. We always had good conversations. Pollio was just a classless jerk. He was in over his head from day one. I dont know anyone in the athletic dept who really liked him. He was just tolerated. He ran a great program into the ground. The players didnt really like him either. He left almost all the recruiting up to Eddie Webb. Hardly anyone knew who he was so he had no recruiting clout.
Yeah, I was too harsh with Lindquist. I think I was a little perturbed at some of Pollio’s comments. He was awful and he had nobody to blame but himself especially coming in off Barnett’s success.