The Official Off Season Thread

Ramaholic

Elite Member
Yeah, I was too harsh with Lindquist. I think I was a little perturbed at some of Pollio’s comments. He was awful and he had nobody to blame but himself especially coming in off Barnett’s success.
Nah, there has been too much consistent sniping and lack of good coverage (up till recent years) by RTD to give Lindquist a pass here. Leave it to Lindquist or Woody to do a piece on our worst coach during our worst time and tell it thru Polio's eyes. Nice jab at the unnamed donor who supposedly did in Polio bc he wasn't recruiting enough white kids. Yeah, as if Polio's disastrous results on the court didn't have anything to do with him getting the boot.
We could have had a nice piece about Bones surprising the NBA world, about our upcoming season, about our unfortunate and heartbreaking bout with Covid or how we are still kicking butt 10 years after the Final 4. Instead, Lindquist takes us down memory lane to the worst 4 years in our history while trying to enshrine Polio.

AlienAiden

Elite Member
Insider
Nah, there has been too much consistent sniping and lack of good coverage (up till recent years) by RTD to give Lindquist a pass here. Leave it to Lindquist or Woody to do a piece on our worst coach during our worst time and tell it thru Polio's eyes. Nice jab at the unnamed donor who supposedly did in Polio bc he wasn't recruiting enough white kids. Yeah, as if Polio's disastrous results on the court didn't have anything to do with him getting the boot.
We could have had a nice piece about Bones surprising the NBA world, about our upcoming season, about our unfortunate and heartbreaking bout with Covid or how we are still kicking butt 10 years after the Final 4. Instead, Lindquist takes us down memory lane to the worst 4 years in our history while trying to enshrine Polio.
Yep. What the heck was that? It was 32 years ago and most of the people are not around to contest the lies. He claimed that JMU offered him the job and he accepted and then called back to turn it down for the VCU offer. I knew Dean Ehlers and I know his son. He offered Loos with Austin Peay the job. I call bulls*t on that one and the other comments were questionable. Pollio is a clown.

BaNgMyPrOgRaM

Elite Member
If we were to place team USA to the colonial, what we do with team Virginia Bleed? And the only Ram I could see on that team was Corey Douglas.

AlienAiden

Elite Member
Insider
we pay our head coach nearly $2 million and are seeking an intern to bust tail for FREE! Please use some common sense!!!! ED!
When I was a freshman at VCU I worked as an intern at a TV station for a year which turned into a paying job for my last three years. The internship is probably a way for a student to get experience and would help their resume.

Ramaholic

Elite Member
we pay our head coach nearly $2 million and are seeking an intern to bust tail for FREE! Please use some common sense!!!! ED!
This is an entry wedge for a young person into a very competitive field with an established program. I thrived on opportunities like this that some people wouldn't consider bc they didn't feel they were paid enough. It's called "starting at the bottom and working your way up. " It has worked for centuries.

AlienAiden

Elite Member
Insider
1436901016-duff.gif

New things are brewing at VCU!

VCU is considering launching a branded craft beer and the proceeds will benefit student scholarships. Please take a moment to complete this brief survey. Your feedback is important to us. We appreciate your time. Thank you!

Go Rams!
Ram Athletic Fund

WillWeaverRVA

Elite Member
1436901016-duff.gif

New things are brewing at VCU!

VCU is considering launching a branded craft beer and the proceeds will benefit student scholarships. Please take a moment to complete this brief survey. Your feedback is important to us. We appreciate your time. Thank you!

Go Rams!
Ram Athletic Fund
I mean, Virginia Tech has branded wines, so I don't see a problem with this. Then again, the Hokie Bird wines get awful reviews...

PRock

Elite Member
Insider
This is an entry wedge for a young person into a very competitive field with an established program. I thrived on opportunities like this that some people wouldn't consider bc they didn't feel they were paid enough. It's called "starting at the bottom and working your way up. " It has worked for centuries.
No doubt this was the way things worked in the 80s & 90s……but these days you get what you pay for mostly. Sure a diamond may emerge, but more likely to get “meh”. It is a bit ridiculous for a multi-million dollar entity to not provide some sort of wage—most legit intern programs do exactly that. Frankly, the posting is sort of embarassing.

Ramaholic

Elite Member
No doubt this was the way things worked in the 80s & 90s……but these days you get what you pay for mostly. Sure a diamond may emerge, but more likely to get “meh”. It is a bit ridiculous for a multi-million dollar entity to not provide some sort of wage—most legit intern programs do exactly that. Frankly, the posting is sort of embarassing.
Maybe. I think it is dependent on the field. The world of college athletics is high risk/ high reward/ high failure. I think a lot of non former players that started in coaching -even today, is volunteering at some point.
Lots of people in med school do the same thing. My ex was a Physicians Ass't and she had to spend a year and a half volunteering to have her application taken seriously. If this was a job interning at Capital One or some soul draining corporation -yes, it would be behind the times. But for college athletics I think it works.
Dont get me wrong. It would be nice if they paid $$. But if they don't have money in the budget, I think its fair to post it and see if there are takers.

Last edited: