The Official Off Season Thread

PRock

Elite Member
Insider

duncanlamb

Elite Member
Insider
People are sleeping on Vince— true all around basketball player. He has all the measurables to be a 3 & D wing professionally, whether it‘s in the NBA or Euroleague is TBD, but I am psyched for what he has in store for us this season.

Word from the vcu trainer on instagram is Vince and Mikeal are the stand outs of the summer workouts at this point.

mrgeode

Top Tuna
Elite Member
People are sleeping on Vince— true all around basketball player. He has all the measurables to be a 3 & D wing professionally, whether it‘s in the NBA or Euroleague is TBD, but I am psyched for what he has in store for us this season.
Yeah, you want a plug and play guy you could do a whole lot worse. I really hope we get a chance to watch Vince irritate people professionally.

AlienAiden

Elite Member
Insider
Yeah, Vince will do well this year. I think Watkins is going to have a big year and hopefully Brown-Jones gets confidence and some run this year. Not sure how they made the list but VCU does have some guys that will rise to the top.

Yeah, Vince will do well this year. I think Watkins is going to have a big year and hopefully Brown-Jones gets confidence and some run this year. Not sure how they made the list but VCU does have some guys that will rise to the top.
I don't know their methodolgy either but my intuition says it is based more upon stats than a qualitative analysis of the players - More UR guys on list because they play 34-37 minutes a game whereas VCU guys typically get 22-25 minutes of run a game (Bones the exception last season because the dropoff in talent was big from him to the next guy) list had 3 or 4 Bonnies and we know they played pretty much an iron 5

AlienAiden

Elite Member
Insider
I don't know their methodolgy either but my intuition says it is based more upon stats than a qualitative analysis of the players - More UR guys on list because they play 34-37 minutes a game whereas VCU guys typically get 22-25 minutes of run a game (Bones the exception last season because the dropoff in talent was big from him to the next guy) list had 3 or 4 Bonnies and we know they played pretty much an iron 5
Yeah, I certainly do not expect many VCU players to be on any lists. I want the team to spread the wealth.

urmite

Elite Member
Sorry man, I was mentioning A10 players I knew. I didn't see the st. Bonnie guys.
No problem. But this might work...

"9.) Kyle Lofton Guard, St Bonaventure

2020-21 stats: 14.4 PPG, 5.5 APG

The Bonnies are my top mid-major team in the country outside Gonzaga, coming in at 15th in my most recent rankings. Senior guard Kyle Lofton is a key reason why the Bonnies dealt with COVID issues last season, limiting them to only 21 games, but Lofton made his presence felt by averaging 14.4 points, 5.5 assists in 2020-21. Lofton’s made two consecutive All-A10 first-team lists, and he’ll finish that up with a conference player of the year nod in his last ride.

10.) Jacob Gilyard 5’9 160, G, 5th-YR-SR, Richmond

2020-21 stats: 12.3 PPG, 5.0 RPG, 3.6 SPG

Gilly’s name is soon to be etched into the College Hoops record book for eternity– the Richmond guard is only 27 swipes away from passing John Linehan for the top spot in career steals. The nation’s top steals getter brings a valuable scoring skillset to one of the few teams that deploy the Princeton offense.

12.) Osun Osunniyi 6’10 220, C, SR, St Bonaventure

2020-21 stats: 10.7 PPG, 9.4 RPG, 2.9 BPG

The Bonnies defensive anchor made the A-10 all-defensive team in each of his first three seasons on campus as a result of elite shot blocking ability. Mark Schmidt’s top-shot blocker is a dangerous player for the Atlantic 10’s top dog.

14.) Toumani Camara 6’8 220, F, JR, Dayton

2020-21 stats at Georgia: 12.6 PPG, 7.7 RPG

The Georgia transfer figures to be the next star in Dayton following in line impressive former Flyers. Camara, a Belgian forward brings a versatile tool-kit that includes shot-blocking, shooting, length making for a conference player of the year candidate. You can draw similarities between Camara, and Dayton legend Obi Toppin pretty easily — incredibly high stakes to live up to, but Camara is similar.

34.) Javonte Perkins 6’6 210 W, 5th-Yr-SR, SLU

2020-21 stats: 17.1 PPG

Travis Ford lost two senior’s to the pro’s (Hasahn French, Jordan Goodwin), but his leading scorer Javonte Perkins opted to utilize his extra season of eligibility. Chaifetz should be rocking when the gifted wing scorer steps onto the floor next season.

39.) Marcus Tsohonis, 6’3 185, G, JR, VCU

2020-21 stats at Washington: 10.4 PPG

Mike Rhoades compiles wins despite the roster construction, but there won’t be a season more challenging than this one for VCU. Why’s that? Bones Hyland is gone for the NBA, Ace Baldwin tore his achilles instantly wiping out the starting backcourt from an NCAA Tournament level team, which makes Washington transfer Marcus Tsohonis a valuable offensive player that had five games of 24+ points for the Huskies last season.

41.) Grant Golden 6’11 240, C, 6th-yr-SR, Richmond

2020-21 stats:12.7 PPG, 6.0 RPG, 3.5 APG

In the Princeton offense the traditional “center” acts as the point guard of the offense, often being the decision maker near the free-throw line eagerly awaiting a back-cut, or an open shooter on the wing. For Richmond, Golden plays that pivotal “Point-Center” role, and thrives for the Spiders.

44.) Jordan Hall 6’8 210, G, SO, St Joe’s

2020-21 stats: 10.6 PPG, 5.9 RPG, 5.7 APG

The past four months has been quite the journey for St Joe’s star Jordan Hall, transferring to Texas A&M shortly after the season ended, followed by speculation that he could stay in the draft before ultimately returning back to St Joe’s. Hall’s a true 6’8 point guard that led all freshmen in assists last season, improving his efficiency would make him a sure-fire first round pick next season. The Hawks won’t be a contender in the Atlantic 10, but it’s impossible to ignore the potential nightly triple-doubles from Hall."