The Official Off Season Thread

urmite

Elite Member
Too lazy to lookup, but what is their SPG average?
Steals per game, or steals per minute? Gilyard is 3.05 to Bri 2.95 per game. But that is because of so many more minutes per game.

The two that always freak me out is
Aaron Craft 337 in 148 games.
vs
Desmond Cambridge 330 in 84 games.

I’m not much on career stats, it should at least be per game and probably per minute.

You see the same issues with Rebounds…

TampaKAP

Elite Member
Insider
Steals per game, or steals per minute? Gilyard is 3.05 to Bri 2.95 per game. But that is because of so many more minutes per game.

The two that always freak me out is
Aaron Craft 337 in 148 games.
vs
Desmond Cambridge 330 in 84 games.

I’m not much on career stats, it should at least be per game and probably per minute.

You see the same issues with Rebounds…
valid point. Bri avg a steal every 8 minutes of play and Gilyard avg a steal every 11 minutes

AlienAiden

Elite Member
Insider
valid point. Bri avg a steal every 8 minutes of play and Gilyard avg a steal every 11 minutes
When Bri played I kind of remember that he had the best steal percentage ever recorded by KenPom. Bri’s most minutes averaged per game was 26 his senior year when he averaged 3.9 steals per game.

urmite

Elite Member
When Bri played I kind of remember that he had the best steal percentage ever recorded by KenPom. Bri’s most minutes averaged per game was 26 his senior year when he averaged 3.9 steals per game.
I think Desmond Cambridge was just before Kenpom. He was at Alabama A&M and average a steal every 6.4 minutes his 3 seasons.

AlienAiden

Elite Member
Insider
I think Desmond Cambridge was just before Kenpom. He was at Alabama A&M and average a steal every 6.4 minutes his 3 seasons.
KenPom began documenting steal percentage in 1999.

Last edited:

BaNgMyPrOgRaM

Elite Member
We all make mistakes, still I wonder what would Briante's career look like had he not mistaken someone else's cell phone when he was a freshman

AlienAiden

Elite Member
Insider
We all make mistakes, still I wonder what would Briante's career look like had he not mistaken someone else's cell phone when he was a freshman
What are you talking about? That is the second time you have brought that up. It did not affect his career and it happened before his senior year.

AlienAiden

Elite Member
Insider
I always thought his overall analysis was first published 2001-2002 season.
Weber broke a 28-year-old school record for steals in a single season with 98, and once again led the country in steal percentage (7.61). It was the highest steal percentage ever recorded by Ken Pomeroy, whose stasts date back to 1999.

That was written before his senior season.

urmite

Elite Member
Weber broke a 28-year-old school record for steals in a single season with 98, and once again led the country in steal percentage (7.61). It was the highest steal percentage ever recorded by Ken Pomeroy, whose stasts date back to 1999.

That was written before his senior season.
I am saying in 2001-2002 Cambridge had 160 steals in 856 minutes in 29 games.
(Assuming this is accurate) https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/players/desmond-cambridge-1.html
I have no idea if it is…

That seems higher steals per minute. Maybe there were fewer possessions in 2002?

And Kenpom started publishing on his website in 2002, maybe he had four seasons of data so he could do that accurately?

Dont know if this will come through but looks like 9.2?

Maybe too many non D1 opponents?

Last edited:

AlienAiden

Elite Member
Insider
I am saying in 2001-2002 Cambridge had 160 steals in 856 minutes in 29 games.
(Assuming this is accurate) https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/players/desmond-cambridge-1.html
I have no idea if it is…

That seems higher steals per minute. Maybe there were fewer possessions in 2002?

And Kenpom started publishing on his website in 2002, maybe he had four seasons of data so he could do that accurately?

Dont know if this will come through but looks like 9.2?

Maybe too many non D1 opponents?
You have lots of questions that I am not really that interested in looking up the answers to. I simply looked up what Briante's steal percentage was and I saw that information.

urmite

Elite Member
You have lots of questions that I am not really that interested in looking up the answers to. I simply looked up what Briante's steal percentage was and I saw that information.
I don’t want to look it up either. But does it really matter if it is the best since 2003 or 1999? It is still amazing. And still the best since he left. And the second best appears to be his soph stats the year before…

And wasn‘t it Ed McLaughlin WWBT reporter who said I had more questions than police? Of course that was before he was reincarnated as your AD…

AlienAiden

Elite Member
Insider
I don’t want to look it up either. But does it really matter if it is the best since 2003 or 1999? It is still amazing. And still the best since he left. And the second best appears to be his soph stats the year before…

And wasn‘t it Ed McLaughlin WWBT reporter who said I had more questions than police? Of course that was before he was reincarnated as your AD…
Ben Hamlin used to say that to me when I asked him a question.