The Official Off Season Thread

TAEKWONDO

Top Member
May 22, 2019
If everyone on a team has been fully vaccinated, and someone on that team tests positive there should be no forfeit. The game should be played as we know, following the science, that we need to worry about the not vaccinated individual, not a fully vaccinated individual. We are following the science aren't we?

Mar 1, 2015
If everyone on a team has been fully vaccinated, and someone on that team tests positive there should be no forfeit. The game should be played as we know, following the science, that we need to worry about the not vaccinated individual, not a fully vaccinated individual. We are following the science aren't we?
Fully vaccinated people are still contracting the virus. I’m no expert, but it still seems problematic.

But to answer your question. No. We are not following the science. Collectively, we are not going to.

SpiderRAM

Top Member
Insider
Aug 17, 2014
This pandemic is an ever evolving situation.

duncanlamb

Top Member
Insider
Apr 22, 2009
Growing up, I used to spend my mornings reading the history books of the early NBA greats from 1940's to the 60's.

For some reason, Maurice Stokes popped in my head at 5am.

I just finished seeing the ESPN documentary.

Great piece on hope, tragedy, and inspiration and compassion.

Please watch and enjoy!

Reactions: wavevcu

AlienAiden

Top Member
Insider
May 3, 2012
I have run into basketball players the last two days. Yesterday I saw Torrence Archie and Mike'l Simms at a field day event with summer campers. Mike'l does work with the Henrico Police Athletic League. Today I interviewed a 6'9 guy named Elbert who played for Big House Gaines. Cool thing about that interview today is that on the east end at Fairfield Middle School on Nine Mile Road they are building four NBA size acrylic courts with NBA backboards. They are putting in LED lighting and plan to color each court the color of local colleges. VUU, VSU, UR and VCU will all get courts. They plan to host 3 on 3 tournaments, Pro-Am tourneys with guys like B-Rozz. Anyway, wonder who I will run into tomorrow. Ha!

RamNation is a community developed by fans of VCU basketball. We are an independent publication that is in no way affiliated with or sponsored by Virginia Commonwealth University. The opinions of the authors on this site are independent and in no way reflect the opinions of VCU administrators, coaches, staff, or athletes.

Online Statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rayliotist