The Official Off Season Thread

VCU94MCV98

Elite Member
I have run into basketball players the last two days. Yesterday I saw Torrence Archie and Mike'l Simms at a field day event with summer campers. Mike'l does work with the Henrico Police Athletic League. Today I interviewed a 6'9 guy named Elbert who played for Big House Gaines. Cool thing about that interview today is that on the east end at Fairfield Middle School on Nine Mile Road they are building four NBA size acrylic courts with NBA backboards. They are putting in LED lighting and plan to color each court the color of local colleges. VUU, VSU, UR and VCU will all get courts. They plan to host 3 on 3 tournaments, Pro-Am tourneys with guys like B-Rozz. Anyway, wonder who I will run into tomorrow. Ha!

Halil Kanacevic. You will smile and try to shake his hand and he will then kick you in the balls.

MobileMunchies

Elite Member
I guess all the fears about Team USA being a dumpster fire were a bit overblown.

I figured that once they got to the elimination games and were more used to playing with each other than they’d roll on through to the gold.
That game was not at all like an NBA game, faster, much more intense defense, it was a GREAT game and yes the win did not come easy at all!

N Mollen

Elite Member
Insider
I guess all the fears about Team USA being a dumpster fire were a bit overblown.

I figured that once they got to the elimination games and were more used to playing with each other than they’d roll on through to the gold.
I'm very happy they won the gold. But I am not sure a 7 point win over France is "rolling," and I think the criticisms about the construction of the team were valid. Also, Pops was negotiating multiple deals with Spurs players (or trying to) while in Tokyo, as he complained the other day. Not ideal to have all that going on while they were playing.

Nonetheless, this was great to see.

MobileMunchies

Elite Member
My friend sent me this yesterday saying, " I knew VCU had money but daaamm
🤣
! That’s my tuition right there lol
😭
🤣
. I want a free ride in it
😂

IMG_1076.JPG

MobileMunchies

Elite Member
That‘s a helivac. You don’t want a ride in that.
We're one of the low percentage of houses with a great view of downtown from our back porch, located here by VUU.. this is one angle (last year I took out some limbs in a neighbor's yard, with a sawzall and 12" pruning blade, to get a better view for us all). It gets much better in winter when these trees lose their leaves. Far right is the foreman's trailer for construction, they're building a vacation resort over there (it's a big pain and source of not only disturbance, but fear here ☹️) . And yeah, bottom left is some baddarse wicked poison ivy I've had bad mixups with in the past.
I haven't seen that bird in the skies, yet, but will definitely be on the lookout!

IMG_9974.JPG

RESRam

Insider
We're one of the low percentage of houses with a great view of downtown from our back porch, located here by VUU.. this is one angle (last year I took out some limbs in a neighbor's yard, with a sawzall and 12" pruning blade, to get a better view for us all). It gets much better in winter when these trees lose their leaves. Far right is the foreman's trailer for construction, they're building a vacation resort over there (it's a big pain and source of not only disturbance, but fear here ☹️) . And yeah, bottom left is some baddarse wicked poison ivy I've had bad mixups with in the past.
I haven't seen that bird in the skies, yet, but will definitely be on the lookout!

View attachment 9796
Nice!!!

DisplacedRam

Elite Member
Insider

View attachment 9796

I dig that view!

SpiderRAM

Elite Member
Insider

View attachment 9796
That bird flies when someone is critically injured and need to get to the level 1 Trauma Center.