The Official Off Season Thread

mrgeode

Top Tuna
Elite Member
As of yesterday VCU wasn't de-enrolling anyone who hadn't provided proof of vaccination status or a valid exemption, but I believe anyone in that boat has an academic hold that can only be resolved by ... providing proof of vaccination status or a valid exemption. So you can still take the classes you've signed up for, but you can't add, drop, withdraw, graduate, or enroll in anything next semester.

mrgeode

Top Tuna
Elite Member
That’s BS and pretty much a cop-out. They shouldn’t be allowed to sit in a classroom or stay in a dorm unless they either have a vaccine or a VALID exemption.
I'm not a big fan either. I suppose this way the school keeps the tuition and fees, which may have some appeal to the admin. Hopefully they decide to start booting people.

VCU Heel

Elite Member
I'm not a big fan either. I suppose this way the school keeps the tuition and fees, which may have some appeal to the admin. Hopefully they decide to start booting people.
It’s unfair to the students that have done what they’re supposed to do and have to go to class and not know if the people sitting around them have been vaccinated or not. And 10% being unvaxxed means they’re almost certainly around them.

WillWeaverRVA

Elite Member
As of yesterday VCU wasn't de-enrolling anyone who hadn't provided proof of vaccination status or a valid exemption, but I believe anyone in that boat has an academic hold that can only be resolved by ... providing proof of vaccination status or a valid exemption. So you can still take the classes you've signed up for, but you can't add, drop, withdraw, graduate, or enroll in anything next semester.
Yeah, that's correct.

VCU Heel

Elite Member

Ramaholic

Elite Member
Happy to say my son is transferring to VCU after graduating from Sarge. He’s been accepted into the School of Business. He was just notified on Friday, so he’s having to do lots of things quickly, but he’s excited! Go Rams!
Good for the both of you!! Going the Community College route is cost effective and matriculating into VCU Business School means he has worked hard.

Ramlove81

Elite Member
Happy to say my son is transferring to VCU after graduating from Sarge. He’s been accepted into the School of Business. He was just notified on Friday, so he’s having to do lots of things quickly, but he’s excited! Go Rams!
Best of luck to him!

Reactions: SWV

mrgeode

Top Tuna
Elite Member
Congrats to you and to him! Toldja he'd get in

• Love
Reactions: SWV