The Official Off Season Thread

RowdyPkunk

Elite Member
Since duncanlamb is apparently spamming this thread with things absolutely nobody else cares about, I have a question a few might be interested in….

Is Eduardo Perez on ESPN MLB broadcasts the absolute worst announcer of all time? This dude’s voice makes me want to rip my ears from my head. And his hot takes are terrible.

Seriously, who sat in a conference room and said “Hey this guy would be great for tv”?

@Half-baked Mcbride @RowdyPkunk
In terms of MLB Announcers... absolutely.... tho I really hate listening to the Nats announcers on MASN. Granted they work for the Nats.... but they are bigger homers than almost any team broadcast I know.... and I've listen to a lot of different teams announce teams over the years.

But in terms of like ESPN/FOX... etc. absolutely.

I miss the days of John Miller & Joe Morgan or Chris Berman on MLB games on ESPN.

IstanbulRam

Elite Member
In terms of MLB Announcers... absolutely.... tho I really hate listening to the Nats announcers on MASN. Granted they work for the Nats.... but they are bigger homers than almost any team broadcast I know.... and I've listen to a lot of different teams announce teams over the years.

I miss the days of John Miller & Joe Morgan or Chris Berman on MLB games on ESPN.
"Another curly W in the books"

buckwheat

Elite Member

I hear ya. I listened to the Nats announcers when I visited my parents in Va last month. They’re bad. But pretty much any homer broadcast is like that for the most part. White Sox are brutal as well.

But man, Perez. Holy heck. The absolute worst.

RowdyPkunk

Elite Member
I hear ya. I listened to the Nats announcers when I visited my parents in Va last month. They’re bad. But pretty much any homer broadcast is like that for the most part. White Sox are brutal as well.

I mean I get it, they're supposed to hype up their own team & talk about their team a lot....

But I look at the O's when they had Palmer & Thorne... they talked bout both teams, and you'd even hear Gary Thorne when another team hits a homer..... Gleyber for the Yanks was notorious for homering against the O's... and Gary Thorne would absolutely lose his mind over it. Other teams would just be like "Home run" & move on to the next one.

And there are some other good ones out there.... Heck the Nats radio broadcasters are more tolerable than their broadcasters on MASN

mrgeode

Top Tuna
Elite Member
Since duncanlamb is apparently spamming this thread with things absolutely nobody else cares about, I have a question a few might be interested in….

Is Eduardo Perez on ESPN MLB broadcasts the absolute worst announcer of all time? This dude’s voice makes me want to rip my ears from my head. And his hot takes are terrible.

Seriously, who sat in a conference room and said “Hey this guy would be great for tv”?

Nice try, but you went ahead and tagged two other people in your post nobody else was supposed to care about. Way to shoot your shot, but DL is still King Nobody Cares

duncanlamb

Elite Member
Insider

No one beats charlie slowes. .been listening tp him since he was the bullets announcers bsck in the 90's...chris webber stuffs it down!!!

There are times where I go wandering around the house talking like charlie. My wife hates it because I annoy her and she is a yankees fan.

Him and frank herzog!

VRam

Elite Member
No one beats charlie slowes. .been listening tp him since he was the bullets announcers bsck in the 90's...chris webber stuffs it down!!!

There are times where I go wandering around the house talking like charlie. My wife hates it because I annoy her and she is a yankees fan.

Him and frank herzog!
I have no doubt you annoy her.lol

People forget the Nats deal with the O’s controlling their coverage. MLB gave them that right to make their owner shut up. So the Nats developed a US vs everyone mentality. They are very homerish because simply they always feel disrespected. Heck the O’s owner even said there no real baseball fans in DC. Along with we were kind enough to allow them to exist. That actually made Nat and longtime O fans in DC really angry. Nats and O are now facing off in court over coverage. Quite simply The Nats did all the right things to move and MLB let a future regional rival throw a tantrum and gave them what ever they want. That’s why Nats coverage is treated so personal. Because they fight for every little bit. No other baseball team deals with the same issues.

N Mollen

Elite Member
Insider
I disagree with what has been said about the Nats' MASN announcers. They surely don't have Palmer's gravitas but I think they are good. FP is 100% better than the stiff they had sitting in for him. They are surely homers but they are picked by the team to BE homers. True all over baseball.

MobileMunchies

Elite Member
https://www.reddit.com/r/vcu/comments/pes2oy
https://www.wric.com/news/local-new...ithdrawing-hundreds-of-noncompliant-students/

The numbers at Liberty are out of control, now.
I would have thought VCU would be at the forefront of dealing with this thing appropriately, and while I'm not belittling everything, the way they're (not) dealing wth mandate noncomplaince is nothing short of being subject to ridicule.. relating this to hoops, if there's a serious outbreak there on campus and classes go virtual, you know what's happening to in person attendance for games, right? You're not gonna have virtual classes and in person game attendance.

Last edited: