The Official Off Season Thread

WillWeaverRVA

Elite Member
https://www.reddit.com/r/vcu/comments/pes2oy
https://www.wric.com/news/local-new...ithdrawing-hundreds-of-noncompliant-students/

The numbers at Liberty are out of control, now.
I would have thought VCU would be at the forefront of dealing with this thing appropriately, and while I'm not belittling everything, the way they're (not) dealing wth mandate noncomplaince is nothing short of being subject to ridicule.. relating this to hoops, if there's a serious outbreak there on campus and classes go virtual, you know what's happening to in person attendance for games, right? You're not gonna have virtual classes and in person game attendance.
VCU had a movie screening in Monroe Park, and there was an absolute sea of students, most of whom weren't wearing masks despite the university's mask mandate. Seeing that filled me with a lot of anxiety.

Half-baked Mcbride

Elite Member
This is worthy of the offseason.. lots of unusual characters invited to speak at the Henrico School Board's Meeting a couple of nights ago, it seems..
LOL, good ole Phil.

giphy.gif
....and paint my house with your brains!!!

VCU74

Elite Member
I’m not a betting man but if I was…. The level of dumb- BCFAEDEB-7BA6-4E88-A0FE-8B65BEB8D60B.jpeg Is so dam high I know where I’d put my money.

WillWeaverRVA

Elite Member

theyaintwantit

Elite Member
I hear ya. I listened to the Nats announcers when I visited my parents in Va last month. They’re bad. But pretty much any homer broadcast is like that for the most part. White Sox are brutal as well.

But man, Perez. Holy heck. The absolute worst.
Steve Stone is a doucher, so you are def correct on the White Sox comment.

theyaintwantit

Elite Member
Since duncanlamb is apparently spamming this thread with things absolutely nobody else cares about, I have a question a few might be interested in….

Is Eduardo Perez on ESPN MLB broadcasts the absolute worst announcer of all time? This dude’s voice makes me want to rip my ears from my head. And his hot takes are terrible.

Seriously, who sat in a conference room and said “Hey this guy would be great for tv”?

@Half-baked Mcbride @RowdyPkunk
Buckwheat - in general I think ESPN baseball coverage is AWFUL. Buster Olney used to be very good, but has gotten stale. I like The Athletic’s coverage which has Ken Rosenthal who also works for Fox which has much better coverage than ESPN.

The Fox crew of Buck & Smoltz in the booth, Verducci & Rosenthal on the field, and The Big Hurt & Papi in the studio is $$$$. ESPN having A-Rod on Sunday Baseball sucks.

AlienAiden

Elite Member
Insider
Since duncanlamb is apparently spamming this thread with things absolutely nobody else cares about, I have a question a few might be interested in….

Is Eduardo Perez on ESPN MLB broadcasts the absolute worst announcer of all time? This dude’s voice makes me want to rip my ears from my head. And his hot takes are terrible.

Seriously, who sat in a conference room and said “Hey this guy would be great for tv”?

@Half-baked Mcbride @RowdyPkunk
Admittedly I do not enjoy many announcers and I enjoy when they provide a natural sound version of the event. When I go to the game I don't have an announcer talking in my ear. I just have my son telling me to quit complaining and shut up.