The Official Off Season Thread

VCUPepBandRules

Elite Member
That being said, I hope the Village and surrounding buildings are okay. This isn’t a particularly flood prone part of the city and that’s some serious flooding.
Not to sound selfish, but I hope that The Stu is OK, after all the court is below ground level...

BradRamFan

Elite Member
What is this flooding from? (and don't say, "rain").......is it from the tropical storm that went through Texas this weekend? Or is it just a freak weather event?
I've never seen flooding like that in that part of Richmond.....always down by the Slip and Bottom area but not way up there near VCU

MobileMunchies

Elite Member
What is this flooding from? (and don't say, "rain").......is it from the tropical storm that went through Texas this weekend? Or is it just a freak weather event?
I've never seen flooding like that in that part of Richmond.....always down by the Slip and Bottom area but not way up there near VCU
Only thing I saw earlier was they were expected, due to develop, they weren't on the way from anything specific.
This city also is VERY slack when it comes to clearing/cleaning gutters, and people think the sewer holes are trash cans, at least around here, its seen regularly. I'm guessing that didn't help matters... but lemme tell you, when it started, I told my lady, the drops were between the size of nickels and silver dollars. You knew right away something was coming, and it was gonna be heavy. Trip us, nothing was on the radar til it all just popped up! And it flooded stuff in our backyard and front, pretty bad, too, were only a few mins away from the stu. I just cleaned our gutters very well, they just would not hold that mess, drain pipe was gushing during this storm.

2021-09-16_235300.jpg

Last edited:

peeps

Elite Member
Only thing I saw earlier was they were expected, due to develop, they weren't on the way from anything specific.
This city also is VERY slack when it comes to clearing/cleaning gutters, and people think the sewer holes are trash cans, at least around here, its seen regularly. I'm guessing that didn't help matters... but lemme tell you, when it started, I told my lady, the drops were between the size of nickels and silver dollars. You knew right away something was coming, and it was gonna be heavy. Trip us, nothing was on the radar til it all just popped up! And it flooded stuff in our backyard and front, pretty bad, too, were only a few mins away from the stu. I just cleaned our gutters very well, they just would not hold that mess, drain pipe was gushing during this storm.

View attachment 9901
The city didn’t clean the leaves in my area last fall/winter. They used to clean the storm drains too, not sure it happened. Could indeed be junk down there. Recall Gaston… or don’t, what a nightmare!