The Official Off Season Thread

duncanlamb

Elite Member
Insider
Bones has survived and thrived the loss of several family members due to that house fire thru his steadfast trust in the good Lord, the support of his loved ones, friends and teammates.

If he has the opportunity to play basketball and support his family..he should take it..

VCU basketball willl be fine.

theyaintwantit

Elite Member
Bones has survived and thrived the loss of several family members due to that house fire thru his steadfast trust in the good Lord, the support of his loved ones, friends and teammates.

If he has the opportunity to play basketball and support his family..he should take it..

VCU basketball willl be fine.
Any VCU fan who does not want Bones to test the draft waters is NOT a VCU fan. I’m fully confident that the coaching staff will talk to Bones about his future and discuss the feedback he received from scouts and teams.

I would love to see Bones play another year at VCU, but I’d also be giddy on draft night if VCU has a 1st round draft pick.

Time will tell.

Where is the AA meeting? I might need it after this...
Great post! Unfortunate to say the least for the team. We can take solace in the fact we have a solid program and we'll be back. This tournament has lived up to its namesake. Might as well be called "March Sadness". Shaka experienced heartache 2 night by 1 to AC (not Alexandria Cortez). Everyone take care and don't let this ruin our great season. 9th? No respect.

Rams were looking for a Cinderella story - instead they get a horror story. This will likely have an adverse effect on next season's preseason rankings. With one NCAA win, Rams might have been in '21-22 preseason Top 25 .... not likely now.
We'll have to work our way into the rankings. Alabama did that this year, I believe. I don't hang my hat on that distinction so long as we have a solid
injury free year. Let the rest of it take its own course. We'll be there, rest assured. Not to sound cocky.. just confident and optimistic.

I don’t want be negative but is there a chance this covid heart break could somehow cause transfers? It’s a emotional time and people make irrational decisions in the heat of disappointment sometimes. I hope we don’t lose anyone.

artRAMinMN

Elite Member
Many things are possible; good, bad, predictable, and unpredictable. As fans, we care about those possibilities, and it's only natural human nature to speculate... all the more so because we care.

However, people tend to have different feelings/opinions about how best to express that care-based curiosity. Some share it all, feeling that working through any and everything outloud is appropriate. Some prefer to focus on positive scenarios with the hope to manifest them. Some focus on negatives, motivated by a desire to be prepared rather than be caught off guard. Some will seek and/claim objectivity, some advocacy, and some may even just want to watch the world burn. It's a big ol bowl of party mix, so there's bound to be at least a few nuts.

My humble request would be that we all try to be a bit mindful, and try to give each other room and respect. Remember that we're sharing this fan-space. It might get bumpy.

I don’t want be negative but is there a chance this covid heart break could somehow cause transfers? It’s a emotional time and people make irrational decisions in the heat of disappointment sometimes. I hope we don’t lose anyone.
Covid heart break is not going to cause player's to decide transfer. Lack of playing time, not being a good fit, missing home, post season conversations with the coach or other personal issues are going to impact the player to decide to transfer after the season.

SWV

Elite Member
Sorry, but that’s the weirdest conclusion to draw, lol. If someone announces they are transferring, we wouldn’t know the reason any way.