The Official Off Season Thread

WillWeaverRVA

Top Member
Dec 30, 2011
Coach Rhoades did mention on his radio show that Coach is watching him play a lot of AAU games right now. As a parent, Coach gets to watch a ton of AAU games during the dead period. That's a huge plus in itself for VCU basketball.
I'm sure Logan being on Team Loaded really helps Coach evaluate local talent.

RonnieDobbs

Top Member
May 20, 2009
I saw nearly every home braves game from the back fence... we were the punks who occupied the back fence directly under the scoreboard for nearly the entire game when the fence slats used to be horizontal, instead of vertical. It was there and at that time where I perfected my atomic belch to distract opposing outfielders- I could get A thru Z two and a half times in one belch, as a youngin. I grew up on grace near blvd, so Parker Field was a very short walk and where our parents knew we could go and get out of their hair- in the Chico Ruiz days.

(Caution: rant)
I'm just a native metro dude who drives over warzone-like "paved" streets every day here, alleyways even a monster truck would have issues with, who compianed for 16 years about no alley gravel where we live (I used to steal gravel form construction sites and haul it home in recycle bins to fill potholes in the alley.. a beyond labor intensive task a couple times per year, showeling in in getting blister son my food-prepping hands, ugh, in the process). I was relentlessly being met with "we're out of money" responses, until I finally got the right ear- a new city council person who is also a longtime ram fan. It's when she put in the request in her name that we fonally got gravel two weeks later. I called in dead end sign requests for 14 yers until they finally out some in after my truck was hit in the drivers door twice, our other truck had it's bumper ripped off by people trying to turn around here. Our streets are also trashed, potholes barely filled, and if they are they're made worse. We have NO streelights, no trash cans (the street serves that purpose), and no sidewalks here... you have to walk in the destroyed streets to take a dog walk and watch your back to keep from getting hit by a crazed cutting-thru-the-hood college student driving with a phone in their hands. We need more stoplights- jaws of life were required to cut a back seat occupant out of their car on Chamberlayne a couple of weeks ago, year before that same place, a driver crossed chamberlayne and smashed into a building partially collapsing it- a fatality. But everyone loves the "development" going on. I could go on, but I think it gets the point across, I don't wanna hear a peep about building anything until some work (ANY work) is done around here for the citizens who are paying the bills for them, first.
Easy, turbo. Your baseball bona fides aside, my point was simply that Alien's post was factually correct. That's it.

• Haha
Reactions: MobileMunchies

AlienAiden

Top Member
Insider
May 3, 2012
What do you mean by “turbo”?
Turbo was a great break dancer. He starred with ShabaDoo in Breakin’.
By the way, I met ShabbaDoo at a Madonna concert. My old VCU roommate’s girlfriend needed a ride to DC to watch her Uncle play bass in Madonna’s band. We got backstage passes. I also met Madonna who was with that little kid that danced during her Who’s That Girl tour. Turbo was not there.

Newboy

Top Member
Mar 2, 2014
Turbo was a great break dancer. He starred with ShabaDoo in Breakin’.
By the way, I met ShabbaDoo at a Madonna concert. My old VCU roommate’s girlfriend needed a ride to DC to watch her Uncle play bass in Madonna’s band. We got backstage passes. I also met Madonna who was with that little kid that danced during her Who’s That Girl tour. Turbo was not there.
Darn, you must be my lucky star.