The Official Off Season Thread

TampaKAP

Elite Member
Insider
Seems like Kern is the only one missing but I know he was earlier this month
Good observation. Curious questions that may or may not ever be answered but what ever the reason, let’s hope he gets to summer workouts sooner rather than late. History indicates that missing summer work translates poorly in November and December

AlienAiden

Elite Member
Insider
The ABC headquarters site on Hermitage Road is a major piece of the proposed VCU Athletics Village. The sooner that area is cleared, the sooner a plan for a new ballpark can proceed.
The General Assembly this year allocated $14.7 million to VCU to buy the ABC headquarters property for an athletics village that would include a baseball stadium shared by the Richmond Flying Squirrels and VCU. In addition, the university bought the 6-acre Greyhound Lines property at 2701 Hermitage Road for $11.8 million last March. It also paid $4.5 million for the 4-acre Salvation Army property next door in December.

Last edited:

AlienAiden

Elite Member
Insider
Just read it, this, I admit I wasn't aware of.
That is why I was going back and forth with you on this a couple weeks ago. This has been an issue for quite some time. It is the reason the Braves left town. It is getting close but things cannot get rolling until the ABC vacates the premises and they do not sound like they are in a big hurry.

WillWeaverRVA

Elite Member

MobileMunchies

Elite Member
That is why I was going back and forth with you on this a couple weeks ago. This has been an issue for quite some time. It is the reason the Braves left town. It is getting close but things cannot get rolling until the ABC vacates the premises and they do not sound like they are in a big hurry.
It's big money, something i don't do well with nor overly anxiously applied I-told-you-so's, I'm not one to hop on either online. I also have little idea why MLB has any pull over some bottom of the barrel baseball.

mrgeode

Top Tuna
Elite Member
Any idea if they plan on buying the Feed More property or the SPCA building? I was under the impression they were only interested in the other side of Hermitage, but maybe not.

AlienAiden

Elite Member
Insider
Any idea if they plan on buying the Feed More property or the SPCA building? I was under the impression they were only interested in the other side of Hermitage, but maybe not.
I have not heard that. They are building on both sides of the Blvd.