The Official Squish the Richmond Spiders in Henrico Thread

Mr X

Elite Member
Insider
Ah those were the days. However, I will make my annual pilgrimage to St Louis. I have a good friend who lives there and it will be good to catch up.
Yes, I am thinking about swinging by Detroit getting my daughter and heading to that one.

SpiderRAM

Elite Member
Insider
Shark headband:

Shark sunglasses:

Last edited:

BradRamFan

Elite Member
LOL....how irate will the the Spider Nation forum fans be if we did the shark thing while squashing the Ticks. They would be complaining about how Mooney helped us to win by call us sharks in the water. LOL

ramin75

Elite Member
Thought Burtons comments in the paper took away from the defense put on him that impacted his game. Kern and Watkins coming on strong.
IMHO he will not be an NBA guy. Too slow, lacking Athleticism, trouble creating his shot against equally sized opponents. He is good at drawing fouls.
It sure was a great win. We out rebound and shoot a good %, we are hard to beat with our bench contributing.
Looking forward to Next!

BradRamFan

Elite Member
Thought Burtons comments in the paper took away from the defense put on him that impacted his game. Kern and Watkins coming on strong.
IMHO he will not be an NBA guy. Too slow, lacking Athleticism, trouble creating his shot against equally sized opponents. He is good at drawing fouls.
It sure was a great win. We out rebound and shoot a good %, we are hard to beat with our bench contributing.
Looking forward to Next!
He was very complementary of VCU. He is the leader of the team and he simply took responsibility as a leader for the loss and basically said he should have done better. He said nothing wrong in my opinion.

DNB

Elite Member
He was very complementary of VCU. He is the leader of the team and he simply took responsibility as a leader for the loss and basically said he should have done better. He said nothing wrong in my opinion.
I see his game and think Europe. However, agree with you that he said nothing wrong. A class act imo.

DNB

Elite Member
Am I the only one that found this hilarious?

Some facts, some observational humor and some self deprecating humor, then already admitting defeat AND making fun of his own coach.

Nicely done, IMO.
Some of his stuff is funny but he is the definition of a keyboard warrior. As soon as you respond he goes crying to the moderators.

AlienAiden

Elite Member
Insider
Looking forward to Next!
DeLoach only scored 2 but he did a good job on D. UR has a 7 foot center but he does not rebound at a high rate. That has to be bothersome to watch game in and game out. It is weird that UR has never been a good rebounding team under Mooney.

AlienAiden

Elite Member
Insider
We have struggled in that dept as well
Yes. Lately Watkins has been scraping for boards. Kern too. Helps when the wings and guards rebound. DeLoach is a good rebounder. Johns has some big rebounding games and other times might grab one or two. During this 11 game stretch VCU has been doing well on the glass.

Last edited:

AlienAiden

Elite Member
Insider
Yeah, that's Angel with our former cheerleader.
Yep. I like how the UR fan is getting in some light reading before watching his team get smashed.
Fm89FGuXkAArHWM

BGDragoon80

Insider
Yes. Lately Watkins has been scraping for boards. Kern too. Helps when the wings and guards rebound. DeLoach is a good rebounder. Johns has some big rebounding games and other times might grab one or two. During this 11 game stretch VCU has been doing well on the glass.
Shriver seems to get a few too including some offensive ones.

Ramlove81

Elite Member
Looking forward to Next!
I agree the only thing I found missing in his comments was credit for good D played against him. I do think he has a good chance at the NBA, super star - no. He's a good shooter from range, has a mid-range game, and finishes well through contact. Not as athletic as Nick or Jamir for that matter, but that's a pretty high standard. He has the skills to play a big 2 or a three and though he's not a great defender can defend multiple positions.
I think he'll get his chance, what he makes of it is still to come.