Curry
McAllister
Banks
MBJ
Nichols

Wildcards
Kern
Deloach

Playing time, roles, touches, shots, etc all seemingly up for grabs pretty much across the board.

Starters
Nunn (Fr)
Tsohonis (Jr)
Williams (Sr)
Stockard (Sr)
Ward (Jr)

Bench
Curry (Sr)
Banks (So)
Kern (Fr)
MBJ (So)
Nichols (Jr)

Wildcard
Deloach (Fr)

WillWeaverRVA

Elite Member
Starters
Nunn (Fr)
Tsohonis (Jr)
Williams (Sr)
Stockard (Sr)
Ward (Jr)
This seems like the most likely starting lineup, and it's a good one, especially if Nunn and Tsohonis perform as advertised. I wouldn't be surprised to see this as the starting lineup on Day 1.

mrgeode

Top Tuna
Elite Member
I think either Curry or Banks starts and Tsohonis and Nunn split the pg duties.
Maybe, but I could this lineup and going to Vince to initiate the offense when the guards need a rest/foul trouble.

BaNgMyPrOgRaM

Elite Member
Even so, we will have a strong bench!! No more broken bones, er, ligaments in practice! GO RAMS!!

Ramlove81

Elite Member
This is so horrible for Mac I haven't been thinking much about what it means to the team. I do think we have the players that can make us competitive for the top 4 in the A10 still, but the margin of error with these injuries has become much thinner. Something is still giving me a good feeling about this group though. And we may have solved the problem of finding minutes for all the good players we have.

BaNgMyPrOgRaM

Elite Member
I so wanna be there. Just think if Bizzy was there! Can Denver let him come home for the weekend? I want a trolley!! Go Black! Go Gold!
Mo just caught a pass on Monday Night Football!

buckwheat

Elite Member
This is so horrible for Mac I haven't been thinking much about what it means to the team. I do think we have the players that can make us competitive for the top 4 in the A10 still, but the margin of error with these injuries has become much thinner. Something is still giving me a good feeling about this group though. And we may have solved the problem of finding minutes for all the good players we have.

Yep, you never know.

While they were admittedly an extreme exception and not the norm, I always think about that 2012/2013 Wichita State team. We beat a great senior-led WSU team in the tourney the year before. They came into 2012 with minimal expectations, injuries, and some DIII fella named Cleanthony Early. Couple decent guards, but nobody who really stood out as stars. These guys came into the Stu, took us down, and never looked back. Won 30 games and went to the final four.

Those unknown guys stepped up and played their tails off all year. Granted, it’s unlikely we have an Early on our roster, but we can surprise some people. Stranger things have happened.

RamBamBiggalow

Elite Member
Yep, you never know.

While they were admittedly an extreme exception and not the norm, I always think about that 2012/2013 Wichita State team. We beat a great senior-led WSU team in the tourney the year before. They came into 2012 with minimal expectations, injuries, and some DIII fella named Cleanthony Early. Couple decent guards, but nobody who really stood out as stars. These guys came into the Stu, took us down, and never looked back. Won 30 games and went to the final four.

Those unknown guys stepped up and played their tails off all year. Granted, it’s unlikely we have an Early on our roster, but we can surprise some people. Stranger things have happened.
I remember that game at the Stu was painful. We played terrible all game couldn't buy a shot. It was like a 52-51 score. Even still we somehow had the opportunity to win or tie and Reddic could never hit FTs despite having an incredible game and I think he missed two and then on the final rebound was some type goal tending/interference that wasn't called. Brutal loss.

Last edited:

WillWeaverRVA

Elite Member
A10Talk posted their season preview and predict VCU finishing 8th (tied with UMass and La Salle). They picked St. Bonaventure to win (which honestly is no surprise, I expect them to win), and picked George Mason 3rd. Despite picking VCU to finish 8th, there is a caveat that they expect the conference to be quite strong this season, and I honestly can't argue with their reasoning for picking us to finish 8th.

We're not finishing 8th, though.

EDIT: Apparently this is not the "official" preseason poll.

Last edited: