The Season

Ramdog

Elite Member
A10Talk posted their season preview and predict VCU finishing 8th (tied with UMass and La Salle). They picked St. Bonaventure to win (which honestly is no surprise, I expect them to win), and picked George Mason 3rd. Despite picking VCU to finish 8th, there is a caveat that they expect the conference to be quite strong this season, and I honestly can't argue with their reasoning for picking us to finish 8th.

We're not finishing 8th, though.

EDIT: Apparently this is not the "official" preseason poll.
those rankings are a joke
This looks like something duncanlamb and Celtic guy contributed...

Ramlove81

Elite Member
those rankings are a joke
This looks like something duncanlamb and Celtic guy contributed...
Yeah, a couple of guys from Dayton had us 6th before Ace was hurt. That's what you get when the source is "a couple of guys from..." We'll see what the coaches poll is later. I still think we are top 4, but outside folks tend to look at who we've lost rather than who we've still got.

MobileMunchies

Elite Member
A10Talk posted their season preview and predict VCU finishing 8th (tied with UMass and La Salle). They picked St. Bonaventure to win (which honestly is no surprise, I expect them to win), and picked George Mason 3rd. Despite picking VCU to finish 8th, there is a caveat that they expect the conference to be quite strong this season, and I honestly can't argue with their reasoning for picking us to finish 8th.

We're not finishing 8th, though.

EDIT: Apparently this is not the "official" preseason poll.

mrgeode

Top Tuna
Elite Member
I dunno what relationship, if any, A10 Talk has with VCURN at this point, but their analysis is TERRIBLE. It's bad to the point I'd rather read one of those click through 20 slides SB Nation articles than anything on A10T. At one point it was merely not very good but now it's just horrendous.

And that Mason guy is on crack if he thinks they're winning 13 conference games.

VRam

Elite Member
I dunno what relationship, if any, A10 Talk has with VCURN at this point, but their analysis is TERRIBLE. It's bad to the point I'd rather read one of those click through 20 slides SB Nation articles than anything on A10T. At one point it was merely not very good but now it's just horrendous.

And that Mason guy is on crack if he thinks they're winning 13 conference games.
And Fordham is gonna win 6?lol

onelasttime

Elite Member
It's bad to the point I'd rather read one of those click through 20 slides SB Nation articles than anything on A10T.
I think you're thinking of Bleacher Report or Fansided. SB Nation is pretty good and doesn't split up content for clicks.

BaNgMyPrOgRaM

Elite Member
He's on my fantasy team. HBD Rodney! Good to see Mike with a post, Hopefully we can get more than under 63 characters one day!

WI.Ram10

Elite Member
Vince Williams: first team all conference caliber, 2nd team voted. Good at everything, great a few things. The season goes as Vince goes and I’m good with that.

WI.Ram10

Elite Member
I also think it’s Sophomore class
Unfortunately the sophomore class is down to only MBJ and Banks. Both of which are important (all healthy 11 schollies are important at this point) Way bigger impact with a fully healthy Jamir and Ace regarding that sophomore class.

DisplacedRam

Elite Member
Insider

I often wonder who their target audience is supposed to be since they are below garbage