The Season

WillWeaverRVA

Elite Member
So there’s a vaccine mandate for VCU employees and students and for VCU Health employees, but not at indoor basketball game? Where is the science in that?
I think a lot of it has to do with the same group who whines about being "forced" to wear a t-shirt at certain games. I would imagine the same group is opposed to vaccine or testing mandates, and unfortunately they have a lot of money.

SpiderRAM

Elite Member
Insider
I think a lot of it has to do with the same group who whines about being "forced" to wear a t-shirt at certain games. I would imagine the same group is opposed to vaccine or testing mandates, and unfortunately they have a lot of money.
😳😤

RamDanFan

Elite Member
So there’s a vaccine mandate for VCU employees and students and for VCU Health employees, but not at indoor basketball game? Where is the science in that?

Where is the science in making those with a previous infection get vaccinated but not requiring boosters after 7 months for those that had the Pfizer shots? Science says they lose all immunity after 7 months. Trusting the science has become more of a political term than anything at this point.

RamDanFan

Elite Member
Citation? Or do I just go to Science.com, since apparently science is now a monolith.

Look it up. It’s not hard. Google will even auto fill as you start to type your search query.

WillWeaverRVA

Elite Member
Look it up. It’s not hard.

CGTN is Chinese state media (specifically, Chinese state media for international consumption). It literally exists to make China look good and other countries look bad. Hardly reliable.

mrgeode

Top Tuna
Elite Member
CGTN is Chinese state media (specifically, Chinese state media for international consumption). It literally exists to make China look good and other countries look bad. Hardly reliable.
CGTN says vaccines are useless

I have it on good authority COVID-19 is Chinese bioweapon

I also have it on good authority COVID-19 does not exist

I just got a flu vaccine

How do I resolve this cognitive dissonance

RamDanFan

Elite Member

Is WebMD good enough for you?

Pfizer won’t disagree either. Pretty sure they are a for profit company looking to sell more vaccines.

VCU74

Elite Member
Is WebMD good enough for you?

Pfizer won’t disagree either. Pretty sure they are a for profit company looking to sell more vaccines.
I don’t understand why a blast on Covid booster but not boosters for chicken pox, diphtheria, tetanus (off the top of my head)?

PRock

Elite Member
Insider
Look it up. It’s not hard. Google will even auto fill as you start to type your search query.

Appreciate the link. It doesn’t exactly say what you represented, but it certainly is a study that provides some insight and appears to use the scientific method. Will be interesting to see how the conclusions reached hold up under peer review and replication.

Ramlove81

Elite Member
My only problem with the booster is that there are literally billions of people on this planet who want to be vaccinated and don't have the vaccine available. I'm hesitant about getting a booster until people in lesser developed countries have the opportunity to get there first and second doses. We are foolish if we think we are protected when enough people in the US alone have been vaccinated.

TampaKAP

Elite Member
Insider
on a different topic. Seatbelts...I hate the way it feels against me. I hate the wrinkles certain shirts. I have a number of outlier articles that state the person in the accident survived because they were not wearing a seatbelt. Statistically, more be die because they were not wearing a seatbelt. I don't want the fine and traffic violation for not following the seatbelt mandate thus I wear one although I feel it infringes upon my right to comfort in my private vehicle.

Appreciate the link. It doesn’t exactly say what you represented, but it certainly is a study that provides some insight and appears to use the scientific method. Will be interesting to see how the conclusions reached hold up under peer review and replication.
Enough brainiac. It may an un published study without any concrete conclusions, but it’s on the internet. From that, anyone without any knowledge of the subject matter may interpolate and extrapolate as much as they feel necessary. If you do contract COVID, you can take whatever, in combination with whatever else to combat it. You have a good chance of survival. That’s enough to know it works.