The Season

Is WebMD good enough for you?

Pfizer won’t disagree either. Pretty sure they are a for profit company looking to sell more vaccines.
WebMD and/or the parent company does something a billion dollars a year in business. WebMD is, to some degree, a
platform to push certain drugs, snake oil and pseudo medicine.

If that isn’t believable, then you heard it from valleydropstepMD.

Ramaholic

Elite Member
About 15 years ago I read an article in the New Yorker that sticks with me to this day. The article was titled "Jumpers." I thought it would be an article of the 911 WTC people that jumped to there deaths. Instead it took an in-depth look at those who committed suicide (and those who tried to commit suicide) over the years by jumping off the Golden Gate Bridge into the San Francisco Bay.
The author told the stories of the efforts made by the city to prevent so many people (over 100 per year) from attempting suicide at the bridge. He interviewed a police detective that worked many suicides from the bridge. The detective said they were all senseless and tragic, but one suicide touched him deeply. It was one that involved a single, 30 something year old male. After they pulled him out of the bay and ID’d him, they made entry to his single bedroom apartment which was 2 miles from the bridge. Inside the small apartment, on the dresser, they found this note with the day’s date:

"I’m going to walk to the bridge.
If one person smiles at me on the way,
I will not jump."

Sadly, he died that day. I know this is a message board and people are free to write what they wish. I hope this season we can stay away from issues like politics or attacks on other people's social views. I come here to find out about our team and interact with other fans. When we stay on topic, this is a great place to be. When it turns political, it can become a cess pool and we inevitably attack each other and hurt other peoples feelings. This world is already too ruthless and harsh at times. This should be a place where we build each other up bc we share common ground as VCU fans.

Ramlove81

Elite Member
About 15 years ago I read an article in the New Yorker that sticks with me to this day. The article was titled "Jumpers." I thought it would be an article of the 911 WTC people that jumped to there deaths. Instead it took an in-depth look at those who committed suicide (and those who tried to commit suicide) over the years by jumping off the Golden Gate Bridge into the San Francisco Bay.
The author told the stories of the efforts made by the city to prevent so many people (over 100 per year) from attempting suicide at the bridge. He interviewed a police detective that worked many suicides from the bridge. The detective said they were all senseless and tragic, but one suicide touched him deeply. It was one that involved a single, 30 something year old male. After they pulled him out of the bay and ID’d him, they made entry to his single bedroom apartment which was 2 miles from the bridge. Inside the small apartment, on the dresser, they found this note with the day’s date:

"I’m going to walk to the bridge.
If one person smiles at me on the way,
I will not jump."

Sadly, he died that day. I know this is a message board and people are free to write what they wish. I hope this season we can stay away from issues like politics or attacks on other people's social views. I come here to find out about our team and interact with other fans. When we stay on topic, this is a great place to be. When it turns political, it can become a cess pool and we inevitably attack each other and hurt other peoples feelings. This world is already too ruthless and harsh at times. This should be a place where we build each other up bc we share common ground as VCU fans.
Sorry didn't mean to hijack the thread. Peace.

Ramaholic

Elite Member
Sorry didn't mean to hijack the thread. Peace.
You didnt hijack it. This wasn't a bad thread. But these threads can turn on a dime. And when they do, it sort of sucks the life out of this place. Plus I always like telling that story. its a testament to how being nice in random and anonymous ways can make a difference we are not aware of.

Ramlove81

Elite Member
You didnt hijack it. This wasn't a bad thread. But these threads can turn on a dime. And when they do, it sort of sucks the life out of this place. Plus I always like telling that story. its a testament to how being nice in random and anonymous ways can make a difference we are not aware of.
It is a great story. We all need to think about the difference it can make to be nice to someone.

RamDanFan

Elite Member
WebMD and/or the parent company does something a billion dollars a year in business. WebMD is, to some degree, a
platform to push certain drugs, snake oil and pseudo medicine.

If that isn’t believable, then you heard it from valleydropstepMD.

It’s just another website with an article that links to the study. Maybe you should read the study and make your conclusions based on that. I see a lot of people on here hoping it ain’t so about vaccine induced immunity that wanes by attacking the websites that have articles about it. What are you worried about? At least people are starting to recognize natural immunity and have slowed down on those attacks.

Last edited:

RamDanFan

Elite Member
Appreciate the link. It doesn’t exactly say what you represented, but it certainly is a study that provides some insight and appears to use the scientific method. Will be interesting to see how the conclusions reached hold up under peer review and replication.

Thank you for your thoughtful reply.

AlienAiden

Elite Member
Insider
I was texting with Wayne Epps the other day and I asked about the A10 Media Day. He says that it was supposed to be in Washington, DC but they decided to do the media day via Zoom. Unbelievably they have not given a concrete date to him. He says it is either the 26th or 27th.

WillWeaverRVA

Elite Member
I was texting with Wayne Epps the other day and I asked about the A10 Media Day. He says that it was supposed to be in Washington, DC but they decided to do the media day via Zoom. Unbelievably they have not given a concrete date to him. He says it is either the 26th or 27th.
That's weird, you'd think they'd have planned that by now. Maybe they haven't because Bernadette's been on the phone with Loyola-Chicago.

TampaKAP

Elite Member
Insider
That's weird, you'd think they'd have planned that by now. Maybe they haven't because Bernadette's been on the phone with Loyola-Chicago.
As a side note, history would say that if they announce someone joining..not long after someone will leave 🤷‍♂️ 🤷‍♂️

DisplacedRam

Elite Member
Insider
The Floor General Ace knows the deal, ONE more day until the Black & Gold game!

giphy-downsized-large.gif