The Season

AlienAiden

Elite Member
Insider
🤷‍♂️ Not sure why. We share season tickets with another couple, and they are the primary holders. They forwarded it to me so I know. It came from raf@vcu.edu.
I am a season ticket holder and I do not see a RAF email. Last thing I received from them was the newsletter.

VCU Heel

Elite Member
My e-ticket email just arrived. It will be interesting to see how it goes. I can see some less tech savvy people having trouble with this and some confusion for people at the gates. I’m also trying to figure out how to transfer an entire season for a seat to someone because it will be a real pain in the ass to have to do it for each game individually.

My e-ticket email just arrived. It will be interesting to see how it goes. I can see some less tech savvy people having trouble with this and some confusion for people at the gates. I’m also trying to figure out how to transfer an entire season for a seat to someone because it will be a real pain in the ass to have to do it for each game individually.
At my age, this is too complicated for me. I prefer the hard copy tickets mailed to me.

Ramaholic

Elite Member
At my age, this is too complicated for me. I prefer the hard copy tickets mailed to me.
Jim Collins 1990's best selling book "Good to Great" listed Circuit City as a Great company. As we know around 2007 Circuit City went bankrupt. That prompted the former chairman and CEO Richard Sharp to write a book "Good to Great to Gone".
Richard Sharp (and his father who founded it) divested from the company and its leadership in the 1990's. However while the Sharps's were at the helm, he said that a tenet that he and his father embraced was; Adopt technology slowly. Whether it was Credit card swipe machines, automated phone menus or self check out, Richard Sharp said whenever a new technology arose it was:
1. Highly expensive
2. Did not work smoothly. It had lots of bugs still in the technology.
3. And most importantly, many people preferred the old, tried and true way.

It was Sharp's opinion to wait for the other companies to usher in the new technology. Then once the bugs were worked out, the costs came down and people wanted/ craved the technology -then Circuit City would implement it.

Anyway, I always like the older technology too @mike7842 and I know you are a former business teacher, so I thought you might like to see this.

Jim Collins 1990's best selling book "Good to Great" listed Circuit City as a Great company. As we know around 2007 Circuit City went bankrupt. That prompted the former chairman and CEO Richard Sharp to write a book "Good to Great to Gone".
Richard Sharp (and his father who founded it) divested from the company and its leadership in the 1990's. However while the Sharps's were at the helm, he said that a tenet that he and his father embraced was; Adopt technology slowly. Whether it was Credit card swipe machines, automated phone menus or self check out, Richard Sharp said whenever a new technology arose it was:
1. Highly expensive
2. Did not work smoothly. It had lots of bugs still in the technology.
3. And most importantly, many people preferred the old, tried and true way.

It was Sharp's opinion to wait for the other companies to usher in the new technology. Then once the bugs were worked out, the costs came down and people wanted/ craved the technology -then Circuit City would implement it.

Anyway, I always like the older technology too @mike7842 and I know you are a former business teacher, so I thought you might like to see this.
Sam Wurtzel started Wards which became Circuit City. I worked in corporate before and after the name change. If I remember correctly, the name change happened before Sharp came onboard. I think Sharp is credited with starting Carmax.

Ramaholic

Elite Member
Sam Wurtzel started Wards which became Circuit City. I worked in corporate before and after the name change. If I remember correctly, the name change happened before Sharp came onboard. I think Sharp is credited with starting Carmax.
You are correct. My original post was wrong. I was working off memory, which was clearly not working. When Sharp spoke of adopting technology slowly, that was a tenet passed on by Wurtzel that Sharp agreed with. Sharps was only CEO and Chair. He didnt have any hand in the founding of CC. There is a good interview on Youtube of Sharp talking at GMU about the tenets that Circuit City was founded on and were later discarded by new management. Sharp and Wurtzel also said they always let go of people very softly. Even if the employee was not a good worker. They would always frame the dismissal as the fault of CC. They would give a generous severance and always leave on good terms. They recognized how important work means to people and didn't want to hurt there ego or self worth as little as possible. Anyways, it sounded like a great culture.

Last edited: