The Season

Ramaholic

Elite Member
I guess this is the right place to put this:

If you're a season ticket holder, check your email. The school just announced that there will be NO pregame or halftime hospitality access (Commonwealth Room, Founders Room, etc.) this season. Also, they confirmed that masks will be required but vaccination proof will not be required ... at least for now.

We were set to have our usual Commonwealth Room access and I'm not sure we would have used it due to the crowds, BUT it kind of stinks that they're reducing season ticket benefits while not reducing prices or replacing them with other benefits. Our tickets are already the most expensive in the A10 that I'm aware of.
This is a bad call. In my opinion, it is a money grab move -plain and simple. We are putting 7000 people, side by side. We are allowing concessions. We know darn well people will be coming to the Stu after aggregating at pre-game spots. imo, VCU missed its goal of selling season tickets so to offset the revenue loss, they are cutting out hospitality (which is costly).
They are approaching losing my continued $$ support. I am going to say something to the AD tomorrow about this.
If they are going to cut hospitality, they should shut down concessions too. There is no reason to believe that free food in the hospitality area is a more contagious situation than buying food in an equally crowded environment.There should also be a Vax/ antibody mandate in place.

Last edited:

AlienAiden

Elite Member
Insider
Assuming this video was taken before. You can see on mikeal brown jones Instagram story that Jaydens shooting hand is wrapped up around the thumb and Nunn snapchat story clearly has the wrapping on his thumb and he said it’s broken and he practiced on it
gotcha

vcu_baum

Elite Member
Sucks to see! Especially on his shooting hand. Soemthing to look out for I guess, because who knows if he’ll miss time and how much. His exact words were “I broke my thumb and still practiced, I just made it worse” and now he just posted a picture of his hand in a brace type of thing

AlienAiden

Elite Member
Insider
ugh

I went and looked at Mikeal's post and saw the wrap. I did not see the brace type thing. This horrible news on injuries is a real bummer with the season two weeks away.

Last edited:

vcu_baum

Elite Member
I guess just a standard hand brace

Attachments

• 51D40C8A-2644-44E3-BF30-33BF58C7C6E8.jpeg
    51D40C8A-2644-44E3-BF30-33BF58C7C6E8.jpeg
    24.3 KB · Views: 22
  • 4A8C83E1-4F80-4675-8656-5A5D63C2C6C1.jpeg
    4A8C83E1-4F80-4675-8656-5A5D63C2C6C1.jpeg
    39 KB · Views: 22

PRock

Elite Member
Insider
It would appear the Vince Williams experience at PG may turn out to be more than a third option for awhile. We should also expect to see more pressure than usual early on….this is tough

vcu_baum

Elite Member
The basketball injury gods are really letting us have it this year. practice needs to feature some bubble wrap until further notice. also, not pointing the finger at vcu staff at all. Just extremely unlucky what’s been happening to this team