The Season

vcu_baum

Elite Member
Check
pretty sure he's fine
See the first picture I sent. Nunn himself said he broke it. Who’s knows the severity though. obviously they felt he was fine to practice but he said it got worse. I’ve seen players play with a broken thumb and some only missed a few weeks and of course some need surgery and miss a good amount of time. We shall see, but really hoping for the best case scenario

duncanlamb

Elite Member
Insider
This is a bad call. In my opinion, it is a money grab move -plain and simple. We are putting 7000 people, side by side. We are allowing concessions. We know darn well people will be coming to the Stu after aggregating at pre-game spots. imo, VCU missed its goal of selling season tickets so to offset the revenue loss, they are cutting out hospitality (which is costly).
They are approaching losing my continued $$ support. I am going to say something to the AD tomorrow about this.
If they are going to cut hospitality, they should shut down concessions too. There is no reason to believe that free food in the hospitality area is a more contagious situation than buying food in an equally crowded environment.There should also be a Vax/ antibody mandate in place.

I was thinking about going this season. However, mandate or not. $ 40.00 a seat for general admission vs. St. Peter's is too rich for my blood.

I'll just have to watch them on TV as always or I'll wait until the visit Mason like last time.

VCU Finance 2008

Elite Member
I guess this is the right place to put this:

If you're a season ticket holder, check your email. The school just announced that there will be NO pregame or halftime hospitality access (Commonwealth Room, Founders Room, etc.) this season. Also, they confirmed that masks will be required but vaccination proof will not be required ... at least for now.

We were set to have our usual Commonwealth Room access and I'm not sure we would have used it due to the crowds, BUT it kind of stinks that they're reducing season ticket benefits while not reducing prices or replacing them with other benefits. Our tickets are already the most expensive in the A10 that I'm aware of.
It has been going on for years unfortunately. Additional ticket fees, ticket prices going up, parking passes going up, no refunds last season, no more all sports passes, no hospitality, etc. I agree with @Ramaholic that the number of season ticket buyers is shrinking and they are now trying to squeeze more juice out of a smaller orange. There aren't a lot of perks left to being a season ticket buyer vs buying tickets through the website for each individual game, but the difference in the cost is substantial.

vcu_baum

Elite Member
I bought the weekend package (7 games for $150) and the 4 game plan also ($89). So thats 11 of the 17 games for $239. And they are reserved seats. Very good deal. Way cheaper than paying $750 per season ticket.
Thanks for the idea haha. I will be doing this next year instead

AlienAiden

Elite Member
Insider
It would appear the Vince Williams experience at PG may turn out to be more than a third option for awhile. We should also expect to see more pressure than usual early on….this is tough
I was bored and watched a replay of the game versus St Louis on my DVR. In a must win game without Bones the team leaned on Banks for almost 20 minutes. He played solid D and was like 3-5 from the field. He is gonna be important this year. Coach Rhoades also could go big with something like Williams, Kern, Nichols, Stockard or DeLoach and Ward. Also of note...Brown-Jones played late in that game and he was very good on D.

mrgeode

Top Tuna
Elite Member
I was bored and watched a replay of the game versus St Louis on my DVR. In a must win game without Bones the team leaned on Banks for almost 20 minutes. He played solid D and was like 3-5 from the field. He is gonna be important this year. Coach Rhoades also could go big with something like Williams, Kern, Nichols, Stockard or DeLoach and Ward. Also of note...Brown-Jones played late in that game and he was very good on D.
Banks played well at Davidson, too, although we didn't win that one.

VCU Heel

Elite Member
We need to go no contact and just shoot 3s. We’re going to run out of players if we keep practicing.

N Mollen

Elite Member
Insider
You guys need to chill. The kid jammed his thumb. He's going to be fine.