The Season

MobileMunchies

Elite Member
I think I caught Syracuse game announcers (I believe) saying they saw Ace practicing pre-game and he looked really good and healthy.

Violet Ram

Elite Member
I actually think we may have a couple of shooters. Williams obviously. I think Curry has looked pretty good. If he buys into being a spot up shooter instead of looking to create off the dribble, his offensive game could improve exponentially. Kern's stroke looks pretty good too.
Anyone else notice Curry played pretty constrained last night and looked like an efficient player? Still extremely small sample size, but he's also now up to 37.5% on the season.

theyaintwantit

Elite Member
I think if I asked a strong majority of you (including myself) on Wednesday morning if we went 1-2 against the opponents we faced and we were “in” all 3 games while playing significantly better than the previous 4 games, I imagine many of us would have been ecstatic.

Unfortunately our guys head home 1-2 with a win over a team (Syracuse) whom may not even be anything special. Real bummer, but our remaining 6 OOC games are in the state of VA. Time to get some Ws.

Last edited:
I think if I asked a strong majority of you (including myself) on Wednesday morning if we went 1-2 against the opponents we faced and we were “in” all 3 games while playing significantly better than the previous 4 games, I imagine many of us would have been ecstatic.

Unfortunately our guys head home 1-2 with a win over a team (Syracuse) who man not even be anything special. Real bummer, but our remaining 6 OOC games are in the state of VA. Time to get some Ws.
I will agree with you on this. We showed a lot of promise.

KaminariVCU

Elite Member
Insider

Unfortunately our guys head home 1-2 with a win over a team (Syracuse) who man not even be anything special. Real bummer, but our remaining 6 OOC games are in the state of VA. Time to get some Ws.
Before the Bahamas I though I would be very satisfied with 1-2 but after beating Syracuse and hanging with Baylor I was really disappointed by the loss today. We really gave the UConn game away. I feel like the team has shown a good amount of progress with this tournament but the poor decision making and missed free throws need to stop if we really hope to have a good season.

theyaintwantit

Elite Member
Before the Bahamas I though I would be very satisfied with 1-2 but after beating Syracuse and hanging with Baylor I was really disappointed by the loss today. We really gave the UConn game away. I feel like the team has shown a good amount of progress with this tournament but the poor decision making and missed free throws need to stop if we really hope to have a good season.
That’s exactly how I feel too. Total bummer. We didn’t dominate UConn by any means, but we controlled that game and had a chance to ice it.

Hopefully our guys learn from this.

Half-baked Mcbride

Elite Member
We'll be 9-4 by conference play.

maaaaaybe??
Campbell and Jacksonville St should be Home W's
@odu??? My heart says one thing and my brain and eyes say another 50/50
FAU and New Hampshire Home W's
PSU at home????? same as odu....50/50

7-6 would be a real kick to the groin at this point.....

9-4 is literally best case scenario and my positivity is waning...

theyaintwantit

Elite Member
What do you think they should learn or could learn?
Nunn - he threw a bad pass with under a minute to go (while we lead by 3) that UConn stole at half court. We had 1 TO left. I hope he learns that you can burn a TO in that situation.

Ward - I hope he learns to not foul a shooter that is releasing the ball beyond half court as a buzzer sounds.

Last edited: