The Season

Wolfpack Ram

Elite Member
@PRock I don't even know what you're talking about now. And I honestly don't give a [email protected] about the NET the way you do. My original comment was because I took offense to your dramatic "vastly inferior" comment. I was ignoring the part about the NET.

If Stockard and Nunn, who just happen to be the last players recovering from COVID, have their normal games, and Curry hits just a couple of those 3s he was left open for (for good reason, his shot and form are terrible), it's a VASTLY different game. If we had Watkins, Curry likely isn't even out there.

What you never seem to understand is it doesn't take much at all to change the entire complexion of a game. We literally beat that team at home last year.

Interesting how you don't mention Ward, who was -22 in the +/- stat. And FYI, Curry was -12. Curry needed to do way more than hit a couple of threes. Out of the 8 VCU players that logged the most minutes last night, only DeLoach didn't finish with a (-) stat, and his +/- stat line was 0. The team finished as a whole at -20 to St. Bonaventure finishing +20. Not one VCU player finished with a (+) stat last night. The entire team stunk up the place.

PRock

Elite Member
Insider
You took offense to something some 54 year old man living in Texas said about us getting beat convincingly in every phase of the game (fact) and how the NET rating is inaccurate this early in the season (fact). Well, I apologize for offending you, that certainly wasn’t my intention.

If it is not too offensive, shall i interpret your reply as you having plenty of smoke but no fire….i have provided you a wonderful opportunity to stand up behind your perspectives, show me how wrong I am, and profit at the same time, all on your terms.

The offer still stands any time you want to take it….within reason.

LQuarles

Elite Member
Insider
@Wolfpack Ram I was just giving a couple of examples. No need to turn it into an essay. There are plenty of small things that could've made a big difference, Ward included. A vastly superior team doesn't get ran off the court and lose to VT by 37. Heck, for all we know, Dayton could beat the Bonnies.

LQuarles

Elite Member
Insider
You took offense to something some 54 year old man living in Texas said about us getting beat convincingly in every phase of the game (fact) and how the NET rating is inaccurate this early in the season (fact). Well, I apologize for offending you, that certainly wasn’t my intention.

If it is not too offensive, shall i interpret your reply as you having plenty of smoke but no fire….i have provided you a wonderful opportunity to stand up behind your perspectives, show me how wrong I am, and profit at the same time, all on your terms.

The offer still stands any time you want to take it….within reason.
Except your original comment implied they will ALWAYS beat us convincingly in every phase of the game, no matter what. Don't switch up now! You said, "we are vastly inferior..." If we beat them by 20 at home, are we still vastly inferior?

Again, I don't give a [email protected] about the NET or your offer. All I know is we'll make the Dance. And 54? Yeah, that explains why you're so set in your ways.

Wolfpack Ram

Elite Member
@Wolfpack Ram I was just giving a couple of examples. No need to turn it into an essay. There are plenty of small things that could've made a big difference, Ward included. A vastly superior team doesn't get ran off the court and lose to VT by 37. Heck, for all we know, Dayton could beat the Bonnies.

Pretty much every A-10 team in the top half of the standings this year, with the exception of maybe Davidson, has had some Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde in them. Dayton beat Kansas, but also lost to UMass-Lowell, Lipscomb and Austin Peay - all at home.

PRock

Elite Member
Insider
Except your original comment implied they will ALWAYS beat us convincingly in every phase of the game, no matter what. Don't switch up now! You said, "we are vastly inferior..." If we beat them by 20 at home, are we still vastly inferior?

Again, I don't give a [email protected] about the NET or your offer. All I know is we'll make the Dance. And 54? Yeah, that explains why you're so set in your ways.
I’ll take your response as a no. Have a wonderful day and stay safe.

Newboy

Elite Member
Insider

Uh oh. Ageism.

1642277928033.png

LQuarles

Elite Member
Insider
I’ll take your response as a no. Have a wonderful day and stay safe.
That's what I thought. Don't switch up on your words next time. But you too! Glad you get the deal. I'll make it even clearer:

no-bugs-bunny.gif

Ramcounter

Elite Member
Has there been any updates on when the refunds will go out for the Penn State single game tickets?

DisplacedRam

Elite Member
Insider
yeah it makes much more sense to just wait and actually see how many games will need to be refunded and do all the work once rather than doing it 2 or 3 or more times throughout the season

Goop

Elite Member
I know this isn’t basketball related, but since it happened during the season…did anyone see VCU legend Calvin Duncan do the opening prayer yesterday during the inauguration? Thought that was pretty cool. And before anyone turns this into a political pissing match, don’t. Just thought it was a cool moment for one of our all time greats!

Wolfpack Ram

Elite Member
I know this isn’t basketball related, but since it happened during the season…did anyone see VCU legend Calvin Duncan do the opening prayer yesterday during the inauguration? Thought that was pretty cool. And before anyone turns this into a political pissing match, don’t. Just thought it was a cool moment for one of our all time greats!

I saw it. It was very cool. Almost turned into a full fledged sermon! :lol: