The Season

@Wolfpack Ram I was just giving a couple of examples. No need to turn it into an essay. There are plenty of small things that could've made a big difference, Ward included. A vastly superior team doesn't get ran off the court and lose to VT by 37. Heck, for all we know, Dayton could beat the Bonnies.
doesn't get run off the court.

GuardTheArc

Elite Member
VCU plays a very ugly, choppy, disjointed brand of basketball these days (Rhoades era). Over the past four years, given our defensive prowess, turnover rate (both ends), mass substitutions, relatively poor shooting, and foul prone ways, I’d wager few, if any, programs in the country have the cumulative total number of fouls, turnovers, and missed shots (by both teams) in all their games combined over a 4-yr period than the Rams.

The defense has been outstanding though and we’ve made just enough clutch shots late to squeeze out some important (albeit ugly) wins (despite serious offensive shortcomings/inefficiency) to usually (and amazingly) stay in the at-large conversation annually — but this brand of ball can be a really tough watch (aesthetically painful at times). With this offense and overall approach, we are definitely living on the edge.

Last edited:
B

BracketForecast

VCU plays a very ugly, choppy, disjointed brand of basketball these days (Rhoades era). Over the past four years, given our defensive prowess, turnover rate (both ends), mass substitutions, relatively poor shooting, and foul prone ways, I’d wager few, if any, programs in the country have the cumulative total number of fouls, turnovers, and missed shots (by both teams) in all their games combined over a 4-yr period than the Rams.

The defense has been outstanding and we’ve made just enough clutch shots late to squeeze out some important (albeit ugly) wins (despite serious offensive shortcomings/inefficiency) to usually (and amazingly) stay in the at-large conversation annually — but this brand of ball can be a really tough watch (aesthetically painful at times). With this offense and overall approach, we are definitely living on the edge.

Seems like you should find a new team!

Mercury

Elite Member

The defense has been outstanding though and we’ve made just enough clutch shots late to squeeze out some important (albeit ugly) wins (despite serious offensive shortcomings/inefficiency) to usually (and amazingly) stay in the at-large conversation annually — but this brand of ball can be a really tough watch (aesthetically painful at times). With this offense and overall approach, we are definitely living on the edge.

The energy these guys play with has this as one of my favorite VCU teams to watch in recent years.

This group has amazing chemistry and determination. This certainly won't be one of the best VCU teams when it's said and done but they've gotten me back into VCU basketball hardcore again.