The state of Ramnation

May 4, 2012
So how does that work out for the #2 recruiting class that UNC has (had?) coming next year? By that logic, only a few teams would be able to recruit and there would only be a few good teams. Because players would only go to good teams?
We're not UNC, we're not even P6. Apples and screwdrivers.

Ramdog

Top Member
Feb 10, 2009
So how does that work out for the #2 recruiting class that UNC has (had?) coming next year? By that logic, only a few teams would be able to recruit and there would only be a few good teams. Because players would only go to good teams?
Celticguy can't spell cat if you spot him the a & t. Not sure why he gets any response. He has zero knowledge. It's $hitte like he throws out that makes me question even opening this website.

RAMification

Top Member
Apr 19, 2009
Celticguy can't spell cat if you spot him the a & t. Not sure why he gets any response. He has zero knowledge. It's $hitte like he throws out that makes me question even opening this website.
I agree. He can't spell, punctuate, put together coherent sentences, speak the "King's English" or articulate his position on anything, at least in terms of basketball. Why anyone responds to him is beyond me. It's painful reading his posts. It's one reason why I visit this site less and less frequently.

I also note that he seemingly becomes "Chatty Cathy" after a loss by the Rams.

Ramdog

Top Member
Feb 10, 2009
I agree. He can't spell, punctuate, put together coherent sentences, speak the "King's English" or articulate his position on anything, at least in terms of basketball. Why anyone responds to him is beyond me. It's painful reading his posts. It's one reason why I visit this site less and less frequently.

I also note that he seemingly becomes "Chatty Cathy" after a loss by the Rams.
Content is important to any site...this forums content is much like my beloved Rams...underachieving. Instead of realistic discussion about the state of the program you get the same crappe time after time. Bunch of one trick ponies with personnel agendas.

Apr 22, 2009
Question...do you really think the lack of performance from the seniors is due in part to the conference being better this year? In other words, if you take 2019-20 Evans and drop him in the 2018-19 A-10, would his performance be any better?

I actually think the expectations for this season were reasonable. Like you referenced, the seniors this season have either regressed (Vann & Evans), didn't progress (DJ and Crowfield) or maginally got better (Simms). That's our season in a nutshell combined with the rest of the conference getting better. Really, the only player who got significantly better this season was MSS and I guess the upgrade from Byrd to Bones. But not enough to offset the regression of Evans and Vann.
Coaching, or lack thereof, explains the regression.

Mike just needs to rediscover the intensity he had at Randolph Macon. He needs to stop being their friend and start being their coach. Correct the numerous flaws in their fundamental skills, change his methodology, and find things that work. Stop being so formulaic. Especially when your formula is stale. He's a smart guy and should be able to figure it out. But not all do.

Reactions: wavevcu

HBK

Top Member
Mar 29, 2010
When signed we were atop the conference. Things change. I hope he comes but if hes having a standout senior season he just might be having people get in his ear.
That’s why coaches are constantly on the road visiting guys already committed and signed. In today’s world, coaches must continue to recruit the kid even after signing day.

HBK

Top Member
Mar 29, 2010
I’ll bet he could of you gave him the c, the a and the t. ;)

HBK

Top Member
Mar 29, 2010
Coaching, or lack thereof, explains the regression.

Mike just needs to rediscover the intensity he had at Randolph Macon. He needs to stop being their friend and start being their coach. Correct the numerous flaws in their fundamental skills, change his methodology, and find things that work. Stop being so formulaic. Especially when your formula is stale. He's a smart guy and should be able to figure it out. But not all do.
Have you ever seen Mike with the guys at practice or in the locker room? Just because he doesn’t rip them publicly doesn’t mean he isn’t coaching them hard, working on fundamentals or disciplining them. Jenkins has improved every year under Mike and is having a fantastic senior season. Bones is much better now than in a November. MSS is better now than as a freshman. If you’re going to blame Mike for a player supposedly regressing, then you need to give him credit for the players who improve.

Ramdog

Top Member
Feb 10, 2009
Have you ever seen Mike with the guys at practice or in the locker room? Just because he doesn’t rip them publicly doesn’t mean he isn’t coaching them hard, working on fundamentals or disciplining them. Jenkins has improved every year under Mike and is having a fantastic senior season. Bones is much better now than in a November. MSS is better now than as a freshman. If you’re going to blame Mike for a player supposedly regressing, then you need to give him credit for the players who improve.
Amen

Of course the good is the players the bad is the coaching....right?:roll: