Im in through thick or thin. RAM4LIFE and fan forever!Even if this season we dont make the NCAA (which I believe is still in reach ), there is nothing wrong with Ramnation. That is except the fair weather fans are rearing their disloyal heads and I say great and good riddance.
True Ram fans, and members of Ramnation will ride or die with our program. Yeah we will nancy, moan, and complain but we are there win, lose, or draw.
I am still all in and will remain so. I have been a fan for 44 years and an alum for 29. I aint going no where and my support is unwavering. What I do know is, I am not the only one. Not by a long shot. Who's with me?
Rick thanks for the insight. We surely all needed those words of reality and reason. I really like number 5. As a leader and employee (and we all are employees) I appreciate the respect of privately being corrected.No one has checked out. (Well, except for a few fans who don't have a clue) Maybe an injury or two limiting some, but these guys are engaged. I sat five rows behind our bench in St. Louis. I saw how they were reacting. Trust me, they gave it their all. If you sit at home and watch what TV feeds your, or just ignore the bench when you are at the SC, you won't see it. I pay attention. If others did, they would understand how much this means to guys who love VCU and give it their heart every game.
We are a victim of two things this year. First, this conference is stronger than last year. Last year we pretty much walked through it. That is different this year. We are using pretty much the same players as last year and added a few new guys. One would think that we would be favored coming into the season, and we were. But this season we have seen another team with a star player come into its own and a bunch of the other teams, who under-preformed last year, play better to their potential this year. Did you really think UR was THAT bad last year? Then we have the injuries. Last year, until late in the season, we had few. This year the list is too long to remember all of them. So why would there be any reason NOT to expect us to be preforming worse, in terms of standing in the conference, than last year?
I've was traveling from last Friday morning until last night (actually going to a basketball game) so I missed all the fun of the people who CLAIM to be fans of this team, but who seem to love self-indulging in ripping the team. For the record, while I'm as disappointed as anyone about how my team is doing at this point in the season, I offer the following, based on my personal feelings and "rules" I generally follow:
1. Still a lot of basketball to play.
2. We should all stop worrying about the post-season and concentrate on playing our games and winning.
3. I will stick to my rules, which I have followed for years- I will not criticize players and coaches publicly while the season in going on. It serves no useful purpose. There will be plenty of time for that later. That is what the six months of off-season is for.
4. When I post, I will consider that I am replying to my mother, and think about how she would feel if I talked to her the way I do other people here.
5. I will remember what I was taught early in my career about dealing with my employees, and assume the staff will use the same when dealing with their players- Praise publicly, criticize privately.
Only advice I will offer people here who are true fans of VCU and the A-10- Get to Barclays as soon as you can. This is going to be a fun tournament.