The state of Ramnation

RamFanatic

Top Member
Feb 6, 2012
As uninterested as our guys look right now, I think the best we can hope for is 1-2 over the last three.
Ain’t that the truth. Our fans got showed up in SC last year by UCF as we were severely outnumbered despite constant talk about with our fanbase and how it travels. UCF owned the arena. Even more embarrassing were some fans muttering that even if we won they would t stay around for Duke because we’re impressive enough. We were the 7 seed playing the 8! Against a 7+ foot Center. Did you think we’d crush them?
Being at that game I can emphatically say we were not significantly outnumbered, and UCF did not own the Colonial Life Arena. The only team that owned the arena was Duke. The arena cleared out after game 1 wrapped. If anything, UCF and VCU were about equally represented that night.

Half-baked Mcbride

Top Member
Apr 19, 2009
As uninterested as our guys look right now, I think the best we can hope for is 1-2 over the last three.

Being at that game I can emphatically say we were not significantly outnumbered, and UCF did not own the Colonial Life Arena. The only team that owned the arena was Duke. The arena cleared out after game 1 wrapped. If anything, UCF and VCU were about equally represented that night.
Well, we're still 13-3 at home this year. Mason bed sh1tting aside? I fell like our guys can take GW and Dusquesne. @Davidson will be a tough one. I was at the Davidson game last year and the fans bring some heat plus it will be their Senior Night. 9-9 might be our best case scenario going into Brooklyn.

Reactions: RamFanatic

RamFanatic

Top Member
Feb 6, 2012
Well, we're still 13-3 at home this year. Mason bed sh1tting aside? I fell like our guys can take GW and Dusquesne. @Davidson will be a tough one. I was at the Davidson game last year and the fans bring some heat plus it will be their Senior Night. 9-9 might be our best case scenario going into Brooklyn.
I hope so. I would feel so much better if we finished 2-1.

Havoc City

Top Member
Nov 8, 2014
Even if this season results in us not making the NCAA Dance(which I believe is still in reach ), there is nothing wrong with Ramnation. Nothing wrong that is except the fair weather fans are rearing their disloyal spoiled heads and complaining to high heaven at the first moment of dispair. To them I say great and good riddance.

True Ram fans, and members of Ramnation will ride or die with our program. Yeah we will nancy, moan, and complain but we are there win, lose, or draw. It doesn't matter we are with our guys (AD, Coaches, Players, and support Staff)

I am still all in and will remain so. I have been a fan for 44 years and an alum for 29. I aint going no where and my support is unwavering. What I do know is, I am not the only one. Not by a long shot. We have weathered the storm good, bad and will continue to do so.

Who's with me?

Go Rams!
The problem is with the "fair weather fans" who buy tickets to games, attend those games, sign-up to become members of a fan message board, and then take the time to voice their concerns on that message board?

Yawn.

Reactions: SWV
May 4, 2012
Thinking back on Vanns dad's post and have to wonder if what he said was spot on about the elephant in the room. Something has happened this year behind the scenes that has carried over to games.

"Could this team play better? SURE they can, but when you look at the team as a whole and all of your seniors have regressed, there is a bigger issue than them missing open shots or taking better shots. There is an elephant in the room and you guys are consciously (with the exception of a few members) ignoring it. You guys prefer to beat these players down on social media than to uplift them but you defend the coaches. Players play and coaches coach, they both have significant roles, when it comes to the TEAM 👉 progression, motivation, game planning, adjustments and taking the right time-outs are not the job of the players."
no question about this and it amazes me that (most) everyone continues to ignore it.

Jan 15, 2020

If we were equal it darn sure didn’t feel like it. UCF chants were way louder than any chant VCU fans put up. Even other VCU fans around me said that. Definitely wouldn’t think two states over after years of west coast junk we’d be arguing just how well we were represented at the NCAA fan wise.

May 4, 2012
We don't ignore it, but what can we do about it?
We are not privy to what goes on inside the locker room.
Just what would you have RN do?
I did say most, not all, and only to acknowledge it. sometimes just shining a light on things can have a positive effect. Obviously no guarantee but its worth a shot. Hard to get matters worse.

AlienAiden

Top Member
Insider
May 3, 2012
If we were equal it darn sure didn’t feel like it. UCF chants were way louder than any chant VCU fans put up. Even other VCU fans around me said that. Definitely wouldn’t think two states over after years of west coast junk we’d be arguing just how well we were represented at the NCAA fan wise.
I was there and that was awful. Heck, I kind of remember the score being something like 5-2 at the 12 minute mark. I was in a daze.

Jan 15, 2020
I was there and that was awful. Heck, I kind of remember the score being something like 5-2 at the 12 minute mark. I was in a daze.
The game was bad. Our fans got straight up picked. The whole thing sucked

(After that game I concluded that I don’t ever want to hear whining about distance in the NCAAs again. Years of WC and nowheresville. Finally a favorable location and we saw the amount willing to put their money where their mouth is. Stunning when you think about the VCU take over in 2015 as the 5 seed when we won the A10 tourney in Brooklyn where it looked like the Coliseum.

AlienAiden

Top Member
Insider
May 3, 2012
The game was bad. Our fans got straight up picked. The whole thing sucked

(After that game I concluded that I don’t ever want to hear whining about distance in the NCAAs again. Years of WC and nowheresville. Finally a favorable location and we saw the amount willing to put their money where their mouth is. Stunning when you think about the VCU take over in 2015 as the 5 seed when we won the A10 tourney in Brooklyn where it looked like the Coliseum.
All I remember was that stupid knight mascot rolling around of shoe skates.

Nov 4, 2011
I was there too, and while I didn't think we were THAT badly outnumbered, I do think the way we came into the tournament had an affect on our confidence and the fan turnout. Maybe that says something about the state of the Ramnation, it certainly wasn't the "never say die" attitude that we've carried the better part of the decade.

We need that attitude back more than anything right now.

Reactions: Celticguy