The state of Ramnation

Hoos A Ram

Insider
Nov 5, 2009
Don't be surprised if there are some MAJOR transfers from VCU this year.
EVERY season someone comes in here and says this almost word for word and we all try to read into it. No disrespect to DCDan, but you can almost set your watch by it. We very well may have transfers because that's how college basketball works, but I wouldn't put any kind of ominous emphasis on it.

Ramdog

Top Member
Feb 10, 2009
B. MSS is a junior. Unless he graduates early (May), he's not going anywhere.
Maybe he wants to go somewhere where he will start every game and be the featured big and get to play in front of a rabid fan base in a program that regularly plays in the NCAA tournament . One that has great facilities. A true basketball school that is invested in their program.
Why wouldn’t he want to play in a place like that?

RamFanatic

Top Member
Feb 6, 2012
Or, just maybe the problem will be resolved with 5 seniors going out the door. Not saying all 5 are bad apples either.
I love our seniors. They are men of high character and they have represented the university well. But, I do think their departure could be addition by subtraction. Some of our upperclassmen have struggled to adapt to MR’s system, particularly those who were recruited to VCU by Wade. I think that “lack of fit” is a big reason for our on court deficiencies.

Mistachill

Top Member
Apr 20, 2009
I love our seniors. They are men of high character and they have represented the university well. But, I do think their departure could be addition by subtraction. Some of our upperclassmen have struggled to adapt to MR’s system, particularly those who were recruited to VCU by Wade. I think that “lack of fit” is a big reason for our on court deficiencies.
But they seemed to fit fine last year.

Reactions: mrgeode