The STU feels like Poo

PRock

Elite Member
Insider
Across the state line they had a strip joint in a log cabin with wood stove going. BYOB, but they had a big commercial fridge for you. Some turned tricks. Some college girls, old pros, Even had a Mennonite girl. In between sets we sang Karaoke with the girls. Heck of a time.
You should write a travel blog!

So I'm curious. How did you know the girl was a Mennonite? I mean if she wore an outfit on stage that went down to her ankles, she couldn't have been making much bank with an outfit like that. If she wore normal stripper garb, did you ask her religious affiliation? Kind of strange conversation for a strip club.

Its been fading for years now. Still better than most but its not been The Stu for a while. Had to happen of course, just a matter of time.

I have not attended a game since Covid began and I won't be attending another one until they drop the rules. But why would they? I remember when we used to chant "you suck ---" and they had to ruin that too. The VCU administration and RVA corporations sucked the life out long before COvid was the death knell.

It's weird, I'm not scared to go to the games. I'd go and yell my butt off and cheer the boys. I'm in my living room doing it every single time. I'm screaming so loud and cheering the boys on. But I'm unvaxxed and I don't want to wear masks that the national health experts say are pointless. The UK for God's sake is done with this charade.

But gotta keep everyone safe... Got to image there are lots of others like me and I imagine they're some of our rowdiest fans.

BaNgMyPrOgRaM

Elite Member
I remember some cold nights walking to the coliseum in the early 80's. Didnt see that many hookers out. It was cold outside.

Well, coming from the Shenandoah Valley to VCU I had to learn that when you take a walk on the wild side or rather a meandering walk to a game at the Coliseum you have to be aware that a lady of the night might have plucked her eyebrows on the way and then shaved her legs and then he was a she… then she says, Hey, babe! Take a walk on the wild side? And I say, VCU is playing UAB. Catch ya later. Doo do doo do doo do do doo...

Really I didn’t know Baby Shark was a thing back then 😉

Natty

Co-Founder
Elite Member
Insider
One quick thought on the atmosphere: You've got two new hires really since 2019, Rebecca Piner and Kevin Dwan, who might not be as familiar with our preferred vibe and what made the atmosphere so special back during the Shaka era and through Wade even, what made the Siegel Center as Rothstein says, "More life altering than a 10-day trip to Europe". Rebecca was hired in 2019 and is a South Carolina grad. Dwan is actually an '06 VCU Center for Sport Leadership grad (and a great dude...I worked with him over at UofR when I was doing my externship finishing that same grad program), but has been everywhere but VCU since then. Needless to say, neither was here during the glory days, although Dwan is likely a bit more familiar with it (although when you work in sports administration, it's not like you are chilling at other teams' games in you free time). It's kinda like we've been going to the same barber for 10 years, then all of a sudden that barber is no longer available and you get some new guy and he jacks up your sh** because he doesn't really understand what you like. Maybe those folks just need some help understanding what Ram fans like and what you can't mess with.

Related note: If you go to the game on Saturday, please take videos of the atmosphere and your beefs with it (film promotions, film timeouts, the band, the intros, the dance team, etc) and email them to me at [email protected] or tweet the videos and Tag VCURamNation. I think I'm gonna try and put together a little article on the subject, trying to document how things have fallen off and hopefully we can work toward getting this car out of the ditch and back on the highway.

Edit: I mention Piner and Dwan because as I understand it they are in charge of marketing and promotions. Didn't mention that when I first posted this.

Last edited:

RamStrut

Elite Member
Covid is definitely having an affect but this trend of the atmosphere fading has been going in for awhile now.
One quick thought on the atmosphere: You've got two new hires really since 2019, Rebecca Piner and Kevin Dwan, who might not be as familiar with our preferred vibe and what made the atmosphere so special back during the Shaka era and through Wade even, what made the Siegel Center as Rothstein says, "More life altering than a 10-day trip to Europe". Rebecca was hired in 2019 and is a South Carolina grad. Dwan is actually an '06 VCU Center for Sport Leadership grad (and a great dude...I worked with him over at UofR when I was doing my externship finishing that same grad program), but has been everywhere but VCU since then. Needless to say, neither was here during the glory days, although Dwan is likely a bit more familiar with it (although when you work in sports administration, it's not like you are chilling at other teams' games in you free time). It's kinda like we've been going to the same barber for 10 years, then all of a sudden that barber is no longer available and you get some new guy and he jacks up your sh** because he doesn't really understand what you like. Maybe those folks just need some help understanding what Ram fans like and what you can't mess with.

Related note: If you go to the game on Saturday, please take videos of the atmosphere and your beefs with it (film promotions, film timeouts, the band, the intros, the dance team, etc) and email them to me at [email protected] or tweet the videos and Tag VCURamNation. I think I'm gonna try and put together a little article on the subject, trying to document how things have fallen off and hopefully we can work toward getting this car out of the ditch and back on the highway.
This is a fantastic idea! Thank you for getting the ball rolling on this. We need to get the Stu back.

RowdyPkunk

Elite Member
@Natty Do you think somewhere in there you can include something about doing away with the Ticket Claim System?

The sell out streak is over... so Athletics can't use that as an excuse or a reason to keep the ticket claim system. I know a lot of the bigger programs use the ticket claim system.... but right now if we wanna get as many students in the arena as possible and/or just fill the arena... I think it would be best to get rid of it for now. They can always bring it back when the Demand starts getting higher again.

You've been around VCU games as long, if not longer than I have.... and I know you & the VRN crew remember the good ole days of students lining up a couple hours before the game.... and for game like Fur, Fodu, GMU, and any big games like the OU game.... students would be lined up 4-5-6+ hours in advance.... we'd be booing fans of the opposing teams as they walked by on the streets. Pretty sure you guys came out and filmed or interviewed fans who were standing out there in line for hours ahead of big games.... I know Lane Casadonte & others from the local TV stations did.

I know that won't fix Everything... but at the very least... maybe it gets more students in the games to fill in these empty areas.

So I just saw it on Facebook we’re doing a diaper derby. I’m not sure about the optics when we got VUU down the street not letting anyone in. We’re half empty because people don’t feel comfortable coming. But we’re gonna have babies race across our court.

WillWeaverRVA

Elite Member
So I just saw it on Facebook we’re doing a diaper derby. I’m not sure about the optics when we got VUU down the street not letting anyone in. We’re half empty because people don’t feel comfortable coming. But we’re gonna have babies race across our court.
We do that every year, though. Virginia 529 is a long-time sponsor, and it's actually a popular promotion.