Players The Vince Williams Thread

rammad90

Top Member
Jan 19, 2010
Vince can shoot the rock. You will witness it in the future.
In the future maybe. Right now for whatever reason, not so much. Fwiw, didnt say he can't shoot, just that he can't shoot at this point outside 8 feet. What the does in the future (soph, jr,, or sr.) remains to be seen. Also, didnt state he would never be a good outside shooter, just that right now he isn't.

For example, as a freshman Capel didnt what Nick George shooting anything outside of 10 feet from the basket because he wasn't very good at it in practice. However, Nick went on to be one of the best 3 point shooters percentage wise in VCU history and probably has 2 of the top five season 3 point fg percentages in VCU history.

No reason Vince with hard work can't do something similar. Again, just at this point, for what ever reason he isn't a good outside shot.

N Mollen

Top Member
Insider
Jun 5, 2012
In the future maybe. Right now for whatever reason, not so much. Fwiw, didnt say he can't shoot, just that he can't shoot at this point outside 8 feet. What the does in the future (soph, jr,, or sr.) remains to be seen. Also, didnt state he would never be a good outside shooter, just that right now he isn't.

For example, as a freshman Capel didnt what Nick George shooting anything outside of 10 feet from the basket because he wasn't very good at it in practice. However, Nick went on to be one of the best 3 point shooters percentage wise in VCU history and probably has 2 of the top five season 3 point fg percentages in VCU history.

No reason Vince with hard work can't do something similar. Again, just at this point, for what ever reason he isn't a good outside shot.
He's taken a total of 12 threes so far and hit 2. Troy was 1-13 at this point as a freshman and turned out to be pretty good. Let's pump the breaks on the "isn't a good outside shot" talk.

rammad90

Top Member
Jan 19, 2010
He's taken a total of 12 threes so far and hit 2. Troy was 1-13 at this point as a freshman and turned out to be pretty good. Let's pump the breaks on the "isn't a good outside shot" talk.
I stated he isn't a good outside shot thus far. It isn't just his 3's. He hasn't been that good outside of 8 feet. I am not saying he won't ever be a good outside shooter, just that right now he isn't.

It isn't a coincidence that teams back off him and dare him to shoot. Also, I am certain that if you ask any opposing coach they tell their guys to guard off him as he isn't going to hurt you outside but he'll blow by you or punish you inside.

Again, you stated "turned out" I never stated he wouldn't or couldn't develop into a good shooter, with work it could happen. Right now he isn't.

Havoc2Ut2

Top Member
Nov 15, 2014

He's taken a few 3's I think and the shot looked pretty good. I think he was a decent shooter in HS too. Definitely not being asked to be a shooter right now. Also strokes the FT's well.

Reactions: ISwamRam

RamBamBiggalow

Top Member
Jul 16, 2018
I admit suring his recruitment that I thought Vince would ride the bench all season and maybe contribute next year a little bit.

I have never been more wrong in my life. He embodies everything I love about VCU basketball. He is without a doubt my fav freshman we have ever had!

Keep crushing it young man!