Players The Vince Williams Thread

rammad90

Elite Member
Not necessarily, it really means no team saw enough value to want to lock the player up, which reduces that player‘s leverage with international leagues and reduces the likelihood of being signed to an NBA contract at all. ~70 percent of second round picks end up playing in the league within the the five years after being drafted, the odds are much, much longer for a FA. Being drafted in the second round is still a much easier and liklier route to an NBA contract than not being drafted at all. It’s not like FAs have a whole bunch of leverage to “pick” their team of choice, they pretty much have to go where the opportunities present themselves and tryout over and over again.
I think VCU has had three 2nd rounders. CD and Sheron Mills didnt make it. Bodine played a season with the Knicks. Marc Jackson played here 1 year and played 7 years in the NBA. . 1 3rd rounder made it (Henderson). 2 4th rounders made it.

The 2nd round is a crap shoot. You dont have to be a genius to know the 2nd round does not offer much. I have to agree with Heel in that the 2nd round should either be eliminated or it should have some guarantees. Even if the guarantees are only a 2 way K for a couple of years.

My point is if you lock he guy up, why not give them something. You have interested? Prove it by giving the guy money and a promise to work with him and give him a chance.

If not let him and his agent find the best opportunity for him. In todays NBA not being tied to one team has worked for Tre, Bri, Troy, The agent's have to work and choosing the right one makes a difference.

Last edited:

rammad90

Elite Member

He’s getting a lot of looks for a consensus late second round guy. Maybe we’ll be pleasantly surprised next week.

Edit: that Pacers workout is Monday

He's gotten 12 looks that's not a lot. However, you dont need a lot. Its like a young guy trying to hook up at the bar. You can be there with 100 people you'd like to hook up with, or 10 people its doesn't matter all you need is 1 to show interest and the rest is up to you.

rammad90

Elite Member
I love Vince. I think he is a good guy. Fwiw, not all our players are good guys. Just depends on their circumstances. Vince however, is in that group of truly good guys.

My only wish for his is that he add some enthusiasm to his answers and that he elaborates more. No not everyone can be Bones ( supercharged and hyped all the time) However, that bit of extra energy/enthusiasm may be the difference between late first round to not drafted/making an NBA team to D League
/Europe.

Last edited:

SteveMM

Elite Member
I love Vince. I think he is a good guy. Fwiw, not all our players are good guys. Just depends on their circumstances. Vince however, is in that group of truly good guys.

My only wish for his is that he add some enthusiasm to his answers and he elaborates. No not everyone can be Bones but that bit of extra energy/enthusiasm may be the difference between late first round to not drafted/making an NBA team/D League or Europe.
I'm a PR guy by trade and if his agent hasn't given him at least SOME interview training, he's not earning his money. Vince seems like a laid back guy, and needs to be coached a bit to, as you said, add some enthusiasm.

rammad90

Elite Member
I'm a PR guy by trade and if his agent hasn't given him at least SOME interview training, he's not earning his money. Vince seems like a laid back guy, and needs to be coached a bit to, as you said, add some enthusiasm.
Look that is his personality. I have spoken to him several times. He is really a laid back guy. Love him for it. However, that is not going to get the excite someone who is on the fence about adding you to their roster.

RamDanFan

Elite Member

Premium content. FYI, they predict all 58 picks and Vince ain’t one of them. :(
Somebody needs to fire up the PR machine or else they gonna make the same mistake they did last year with Bones.