Players The Vince Williams Thread

mrgeode

Top Tuna
Elite Member
Does anyone know anything about Memphis? Is there a spot for Vince? Can you imagine Vince feeding Jai?
High-level roster construction, no; style of play and coaching philosophy, yes. This a good fit - potentially a great one. Memphis places a high premium on guys who can defend on one end and spread the floor on the other since that gives Ja plenty of room to operate and be Ja. They're on a timetable that could fit Vince, too - ready to regularly play for real stakes in the postseason but not likely enough to be true contenders to ship out a package for a potential championship piece. With the way he plays, Vince can fit in and contribute anywhere, but I really like the potential here. If they keep them under contract he can learn a lot from Slo-Mo (Kyle Anderson, who is incidentally not at all a bad comparison for a fully actualized NBA vet version of Vince) and Steven Adams.

DisplacedRam

Elite Member
Insider
Suddenly realizing this morning that I have new found appreciation for the Grizzlies rally towel hanging up in my office

Image-from-i-OS-11.jpg

WillWeaverRVA

Elite Member
Further solidifies that if you have the talent playing at VCU doesn't hinder you from getting into the league. Pick the right school for you and if you have the talent and work hard good things will happen.
The NBA will find talent no matter where it is. CJ McCollum, Bones Hyland, and now Vince Williams are good examples of that.

Mercury

Elite Member
Further solidifies that if you have the talent playing at VCU doesn't hinder you from getting into the league. Pick the right school for you and if you have the talent and work hard good things will happen.

Realistically is anyone still arguing against this? This is pretty common knowledge at this point.

SteveMM

Elite Member
Realistically is anyone still arguing against this? This is pretty common knowledge at this point.
I'm sure it's still in the back of the mind of many recruits, and is certainly in the back of the mind of some of their older advisors.

Ramaholic

Elite Member
I have already stated how happy I am for Vince. As for my bball accumen? Well i never thought Vince would be drafted nor did I think Treveon G would play in the NBA. i also didnt think Bones would be a 1st rounder and be lighting it up in the NBA like he is. I thought they were all too small. I did think the Reddick, Tillman and Bradford were NBA material. I am glad I was wrong about Vince and Graham. but man, I am no good at identifying talent. I still think Tillman can make it to the NBA and am glad Juvonte and Bradford have done so well in the life.
I was in the Hasan Ward would not be drafted camp, so I guess there's that. I salute you folks that call these things so well on this board!

MobileMunchies

Elite Member
My sincere apologies to The Toledo Kid, I couldn't stay up as late as I wanted to. Congrats Vince on working hard to make your dreams a reality! Memphis is a good organization, good coach, good teammates. I love the fit.
We watched the first round on regular TV (antenna), and streamed the rest off ESPN (KODI), I admit I was out and in a few times doing stuff during the 2nd, but don't for the life of me know how I missed them announcing 47. Later I heard them saying stuff about Vince and was like "wait, hold up, what did me miss?!", after so long watching (darn why does it take 5 hours to get thru the draft?), I admit it was beginning to look a lil doubtful. A few who were called before him the announcers stated you'd probably not hear his name for a couple years, backburner picks. Looking at about 5 picks (at least), I feel like it was more about the schools they came from and the original hs ranking, not the players, honestly, imho he should have gone earlier.