Players The Vince Williams Thread

Mercury

Elite Member
We watched the first round on regular TV (antenna), and streamed the rest off ESPN (KODI), I admit I was out and in a few times doing stuff during the 2nd, but don't for the life of me know how I missed them announcing 47. Later I heard them saying stuff about Vince and was like "wait, hold up, what did me miss?!", after so long watching (darn why does it take 5 hours to get thru the draft?), I admit it was beginning to look a lil doubtful. A few who were called before him the announcers stated you'd probably not hear his name for a couple years, backburner picks. Looking at about 5 picks (at least), I feel like it was more about the schools they came from and the original hs ranking, not the players, honestly, imho he should have gone earlier.

Vince got drafted during a commercial break. That's how you missed it.

AlienAiden

Elite Member
Insider
My old arse was in bed by 9:30 last night. This was outstanding news to wake up to this morning. Vince is one of my all-time favorite VCU players to watch. He was never boring. Ha! I hope he can make a place for himself in the NBA. I think he can. Good luck APlus Vince!

mrgeode

Top Tuna
Elite Member
My old arse was in bed by 9:30 last night. This was outstanding news to wake up to this morning. Vince is one of my all-time favorite VCU players to watch. He was never boring. Ha! I hope he can make a place for himself in the NBA. I think he can. Good luck APlus Vince!
I checked here after we made it to Lynchburg at like 11:35 and went to bed thinking he went undrafted. Definitely outstanding news to wake up to.

mrgeode

Top Tuna
Elite Member
I have already stated how happy I am for Vince. As for my bball accumen? Well i never thought Vince would be drafted nor did I think Treveon G would play in the NBA. i also didnt think Bones would be a 1st rounder and be lighting it up in the NBA like he is. I thought they were all too small. I did think the Reddick, Tillman and Bradford were NBA material. I am glad I was wrong about Vince and Graham. but man, I am no good at identifying talent. I still think Tillman can make it to the NBA and am glad Juvonte and Bradford have done so well in the life.
I was in the Hasan Ward would not be drafted camp, so I guess there's that. I salute you folks that call these things so well on this board!
I'm quite sure you're good at identifying talent, maybe just in a different realm.

I wouldn't necessarily call it a day on Ward. Speaking of, @VCU Heel local SPCA, right?

MobileMunchies

Elite Member
Vince got drafted during a commercial break. That's how you missed it.
Well that explains that. Friggin pisses me off.

We sat thru hours of talking about draftees' fave foods, tattoos, playing video games, and one about what books he's read, and them rambling about countless other diddly stuff, and they announce picks during a commercial break? We're patronizing their advertisers, and this is peoples' lives here, they should take their commercial breaks during times when there's no picks being announced! Crocka poopie.

1656091278346.jpeg

Last edited: