Players The Vince Williams Thread

TampaKAP

Elite Member
Insider
DB is a good guy but this tweet is a stretch of false equivalency. Yes the Volkswagen was drafted ahead of all the mentioned names but to indicate there is not value or there is not an advantage to playing in the BE is just not true. It can be true for individual players but certainly not true for programs in general. That’s like saying that VCU gains nothing from flying charter. Let’s just take a bus or van everywhere we go

N Mollen

Elite Member
Insider
There is an advantage to schools being in the BE. Not at all sure there is an advantage to playing in the BE as such for individuals w/r/t pro aspirations.

t23e3

Elite Member
DB is a good guy but this tweet is a stretch of false equivalency. Yes the Volkswagen was drafted ahead of all the mentioned names but to indicate there is not value or there is not an advantage to playing in the BE is just not true. It can be true for individual players but certainly not true for programs in general. That’s like saying that VCU gains nothing from flying charter. Let’s just take a bus or van everywhere we go
NBA is a specific skillset and athleticism combo, lots of absolute baller college players that just aren't NBA material.

BradRamFan

Elite Member
NBA is a specific skillset and athleticism combo, lots of absolute baller college players that just aren't NBA material.
While not drafted, what skill set does Shareef O'neal have to be signed for summer league play?

MobileMunchies

Elite Member
"Something that really jumped out to us [is] that they can play multiple positions, they can create offense out of multiple positions, they can shoot 3s at a high level, which is very exciting,” Grizzlies coach Taylor Jenkins said of each of the team’s draftees in a Friday evening press conference. “But then also the competitiveness on the defensive end"
“We're excited to get him in the program as well, and see what he could bring,” Kleiman said. “He's just kind of good at everything,” Kleiman said of Williams.
Kleiman tabbed Williams as a “three” — or traditional small forward — who could also scale up or scale down in a lineup. He noted his 7-foot wingspan, at which he was measured during the G League Elite Camp

(The 21 year old) is the 21st draft pick in VCU program history. And his selection marked the first time since 2009 and 2010 that Rams were picked in the draft in back-to-back years. Bones Hyland was selected in the first round, 26th overall, by the Denver Nuggets in last year’s draft. Memphis is scheduled to open its Summer League schedule against the Los Angeles Clippers on July 9 at 9:30 p.m.

AlienAiden

Elite Member
Insider
FWEWN_AX0AEWu-0

rammad90

Elite Member
I have already stated how happy I am for Vince. As for my bball accumen? Well i never thought Vince would be drafted nor did I think Treveon G would play in the NBA. i also didnt think Bones would be a 1st rounder and be lighting it up in the NBA like he is. I thought they were all too small. I did think the Reddick, Tillman and Bradford were NBA material. I am glad I was wrong about Vince and Graham. but man, I am no good at identifying talent. I still think Tillman can make it to the NBA and am glad Juvonte and Bradford have done so well in the life.
I was in the Hasan Ward would not be drafted camp, so I guess there's that. I salute you folks that call these things so well on this board!
You my friend are as good as anyone on the board. Fwiw, I thought Burgess and Juvonte both were NBA talents. I still do. However, both guys are a little subdued.

Treveon I thought would be an NBA player based on a conversations I had with his brother. Bones I though should have stayed a year but could make the NBA. Never thought Tillman was an NBA guy based on size, skill set, and position (however, he has gotten better each year after graduation).

Bri, I didnt see him in the NBA. Troy yes.

Evaluate talent, its a crap shoot. Pretty sure, we all are better in our day jobs.