Players The Vince Williams Thread

"Something that really jumped out to us [is] that they can play multiple positions, they can create offense out of multiple positions, they can shoot 3s at a high level, which is very exciting,” Grizzlies coach Taylor Jenkins said of each of the team’s draftees in a Friday evening press conference. “But then also the competitiveness on the defensive end"
“We're excited to get him in the program as well, and see what he could bring,” Kleiman said. “He's just kind of good at everything,” Kleiman said of Williams.
Kleiman tabbed Williams as a “three” — or traditional small forward — who could also scale up or scale down in a lineup. He noted his 7-foot wingspan, at which he was measured during the G League Elite Camp

(The 21 year old) is the 21st draft pick in VCU program history. And his selection marked the first time since 2009 and 2010 that Rams were picked in the draft in back-to-back years. Bones Hyland was selected in the first round, 26th overall, by the Denver Nuggets in last year’s draft. Memphis is scheduled to open its Summer League schedule against the Los Angeles Clippers on July 9 at 9:30 p.m.

It's 23 Rams' draftees if you count Greg McDougald and Marc Jackson, both of whom put up impressive numbers wearing the black 'n' gold before going elsewhere.

Jackson led Temple in scoring and rebounding both years he played there and was on the all-rookie team in the NBA.

rammed

Elite Member
Jackson led Temple in scoring and rebounding both years he played there and was on the all-rookie team in the NBA.
Not disputing that or that Jackson wasn’t legit. The poster was addressing his one year at VCU.

rampart

Elite Member
My recollection is that Jackson was overweight and Sonny Smith thought George Byrd was a better fit for our team when they were both here.

VCU74

Elite Member
5 is a helluva number for VCU ballers.
Vince, it wasn’t yours while you were here but you can take it to the next level for sure!

dsilvester

Elite Member
I have already stated how happy I am for Vince. As for my bball accumen? Well i never thought Vince would be drafted nor did I think Treveon G would play in the NBA. i also didnt think Bones would be a 1st rounder and be lighting it up in the NBA like he is. I thought they were all too small. I did think the Reddick, Tillman and Bradford were NBA material. I am glad I was wrong about Vince and Graham. but man, I am no good at identifying talent. I still think Tillman can make it to the NBA and am glad Juvonte and Bradford have done so well in the life.
I was in the Hasan Ward would not be drafted camp, so I guess there's that. I salute you folks that call these things so well on this board!
I think I posted something after seeing his first game as a Ram that he had something different and had a good chance of making it to the NBA.