Players The Vince Williams Thread

I am really happy for Vince. A lot can be said for just staying the course. His hard work has paid off for him. Hopefully others will follow his example.

Last edited:

rammad90

Elite Member
I am really happy for Vince. A lot can be said for just staying the course. His hard work has paid off for him. Hopefully others will follow his example.
I too and happy for Vince. However, everyone doesn't have or need to follow the same path.

When your chosen profession is using your body, you have to understand that it has a short shelf life. As such, you move on when it is best for you, not the Head Coach, not the fans, or the university.

As a die hard VCU fan, I wanted Bones to stay an extra year as I knew we would be lights out with him, Vince, and AB. However, its was best for Bones and his family to leave when he did. Same with Vince, I was hoping he stayed the extra year as the team definitely benefited. However, he and his family saw it differently.

Good for both of these young men as they followed the path that was best for them. Fwiw, I think athletes and American workers in general have now woken up to the hypocrisy of loyalty to institutions that really have none for them. Mike isnt promising minutes to anyone, and he shouldnt. If someone offered Mike double pay or what ever he fancies that he cannot get here, he'll leave. The players should be afforded the same.

When a kid transfers some fans take it personally, not saying that's you. Rarely do people think, hey the kid is doing what's best for him. For example, Ward probably got about 200,k plus. He is a poor kid from an Island that was just devastated by hurricane and then Covid. He needed the money and we didnt have it. He did what was best for him. His path was the right one for him and good for him for having the courage to follow it.

Again, happy for Vince. His path is but one path and it is an example for those who choose it. Finally, although Vince has an NBA shot. I would also state the Curry found success staying the course. His first the years meh. But the 2nd half of the season he shined.

Fwiw, I think athletes and American workers in general have now woken up to the hypocrisy of loyalty to institutions that really have none for them.
agree with most of everything in your post but have a different view on the above statement

I believe all of us hold jobs and expect companies to hold us accountable to perform - - to me it is no different for a basketball player or any student at an institution - if a student does not make minimum grades he is gone from most universities

That said, I think there are a few coaches that run players off that are still giving their best efforts - coaches don't want to admit they failed when they recruited the player and thought X Y or Z could contribute at their institution
The majority of coaches will still allow those athletes to remain as scholarship players that just don't play - though we know most will try and find a place for them to transfer to if they want to free up scholarships

So my premise it is not the institutions that are hypocrites but a minority of coaches

Go Rams

rammad90

Elite Member
Lofton is a baller.
That he is. However, although he has always been heavy, he hasn't always played against NBA talents night in and night out. He does need to get into shape or he will be in the NFL. Not For Long.

Now there are 5 new guys. 2 First rounders, and 2 second rounders, with Lofton being a very good undrafted pick up.

Vince has his work cut out. I think he can beat out the kid from Wake, and defendant upon what the team needs the kid for Colorado State. The only issue is those guys are guaranteed $$$ and Vince isnt. Most teams will play a guy they have to carry off their payrolls if its close.

Go Vince and as always Go Rams.