Players The Vince Williams Thread

Vince has his work cut out. I think he can beat out the kid from Wake, and defendant upon what the team needs the kid for Colorado State. The only issue is those guys are guaranteed $$$ and Vince isnt. Most teams will play a guy they have to carry off their payrolls if its close.

Go Vince and as always Go Rams.
share your sentiment here

just saw Summer league roster for Utah games and note that Zaire Williams G/F is on it - he played last year for Grizzlies albeit in a reserve role - so this will undoubtedly eat into some Vince minutes - also saw Aluve or Aluma (sp) from Va Tech is on roster too - missed that signing - but you have the think Vince will still get 15+ minutes and hopefully more like 23-25 (assumes they play 48 minute games - though I seem to remember sometimes games are 10 minute quarters)

Vince has the good habit of letting the game come to him (but when there is a limited time for evaluation and you are trying to standout that sometimes becomes a drawback)

Go Vince

rammad90

Elite Member
share your sentiment here

just saw Summer league roster for Utah games and note that Zaire Williams G/F is on it - he played last year for Grizzlies albeit in a reserve role - so this will undoubtedly eat into some Vince minutes - also saw Aluve or Aluma (sp) from Va Tech is on roster too - missed that signing - but you have the think Vince will still get 15+ minutes and hopefully more like 23-25 (assumes they play 48 minute games - though I seem to remember sometimes games are 10 minute quarters)

Vince has the good habit of letting the game come to him (but when there is a limited time for evaluation and you are trying to standout that sometimes becomes a drawback)

Go Vince
I lived in Vegas for a year and had a good deal of business out there for a while. Because of this I have watched quite a few Summer League games.

As you state, letting the game come to him, might be an issue as in that showcase its every man for himself and less you have a great relationship with the pg on the floor you could get overlooked.

I saw that happen to Nick George back in the day, and Juvonte most recently. A buy like Bones could shine as he had the ball in his hand, was a 1st rounder, and we given the green light. Vince has a harder hill to climb.

Let's hope he is up to the task. Go Vince.

PRock

Elite Member
Insider
Vince looks more lean then what he was probably asked to play at for us. A stretch Forward vs a wing In the nba
Coach mentioned he dropped a few lbs, between jr and sr year….was playing at 210, down from 225 or so. i thought that’s what i heard.

i would guess he is probably about the same now, but looks smaller relative to the other players…

mrgeode

Top Tuna
Elite Member
Coach mentioned he dropped a few lbs, between jr and sr year….was playing at 210, down from 225 or so. i thought that’s what i heard.

i would guess he is probably about the same now, but looks smaller relative to the other players…
Listed at 205, which is significantly less than Roddy or Lofton. Even LaRavia is supposed to 235.