Players The Vince Williams Thread

MobileMunchies

Elite Member
I don't see any games for our guys tonight.
(If playing...)
Justin/Hawks: Saturday 7:30pm, NBATV
VInce/Grizzlies: Sunday 9pm, ESPNU.

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nba...ve-streams-las-vegas/pfrtxrxqw5tdogiasxc8i3dn
View attachment 11278View attachment 11279
https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nba...ve-streams-las-vegas/pfrtxrxqw5tdogiasxc8i3dn
(If playing...)
Justin/Hawks: Monday (tonight) 6pm, NBATV
VInce/Grizzlies: Tuesday 6pm, ESPNU.

Nothing involving Rams on Wednesday.
2022-07-11_011611.jpg2022-07-11_011739.jpg

VCU Heel

Elite Member
This doesnt bode well for Vince making the big squad. They just signed to Kennedy Chandler to 4.94 guaranteed money. The largest ever for a 2nd round pick. This proves they are all in on him. Add in the two first rounders with at least 2 years guaranteed money, and Lofton playing lights out and Vince will really have to turn it up to make the roster.

As stated, with a few bigs hurt, Lofton may have played his way onto the big team. I hope Vince keeps grinding but he might be the odd man out. I wonder what his deal was? He was drafted 8 spots behind Chandler.

I really hope Vince got some guaranteed money and I also hope he signed to are than the minimum.

Vince got a 2 way contract, so he got $502k guaranteed for the year.

The fact that they signed him to a 2 way contract means they had already decided he would start out in the G League. He’s limited to being with the Grizzlies for a maximum of 50 games and is ineligible for the playoffs. Lofton also has a 2 way contract, so he’ll start off in the G League too. Both of them are guys that the Grizzlies want to stash away for cheap in the G League and see how they develop over the next year or two.

I really hope Vince got some guaranteed money and I also hope he signed to are than the minimum.
most NBA teams don't release terms of two-way contracts - my cursory search of internet did not identify any specifics on Vince

in general two way contracts allow the player to be on NBA roster up to 45 days ( i have read conflicting information on the days where it said up to 50 games but my intuition says that the higher number may have been related to pandemic times when players were more likely to be infected and miss longer periods). You cannot play in the NBA playoffs while on a two way contract . if the team wanted you on the playoff roster they would have to sign you to an NBA contract which would take his minimum up to over $1 million as a rookie

players will typically receive a prorated salary by days based upon 1/2 of the NBA minimum salary for a rookie which for 22-23 would be a little more than $500,000

for the days they are on the G league roster they get their G league salary , prorated. As a two -way player Vince gets at least the minimum salary for a select player of $125,000 plus per diem money set by the league .

of course Memphis could agree to pay vince a higher G league salary too if they so choose but have not read anything that would indicate that one way or the other

go Vince !! (IMHO Vince would definitely benefit from playing in G league and developing a little offensive independence - rather than sitting on
NBA team bench as 13 player that only gets mop up scraps when game is way out of reach - )

TampaKAP

Elite Member
Insider
most NBA teams don't release terms of two-way contracts - my cursory search of internet did not identify any specifics on Vince

in general two way contracts allow the player to be on NBA roster up to 45 days ( i have read conflicting information on the days where it said up to 50 games but my intuition says that the higher number may have been related to pandemic times when players were more likely to be infected and miss longer periods). You cannot play in the NBA playoffs while on a two way contract . if the team wanted you on the playoff roster they would have to sign you to an NBA contract which would take his minimum up to over $1 million as a rookie

players will typically receive a prorated salary by days based upon 1/2 of the NBA minimum salary for a rookie which for 22-23 would be a little more than $500,000

for the days they are on the G league roster they get their G league salary , prorated. As a two -way player Vince gets at least the minimum salary for a select player of $125,000 plus per diem money set by the league .

of course Memphis could agree to pay vince a higher G league salary too if they so choose but have not read anything that would indicate that one way or the other

go Vince !! (IMHO Vince would definitely benefit from playing in G league and developing a little offensive independence - rather than sitting on
NBA team bench as 13 player that only gets mop up scraps when game is way out of reach - )
FYI you are mixing old and current details. To a degree, the salary does not flex like it use to based on games played. I’ll explain the salary last. 50 games is the max a two player can play. Previously 45 days was all a player could spend with the team. Now, they can spend more and even practice with, travel with the team as a deactivated player, etc. This change allows a player more development time and the team more assessment time than previously. Two way players can not participate in the post season. Now for the salary. If signed the entire season, players receive 1/2 the rookie min(approximately 500k this year). Teams can only have two players on two contracts and players on two way contracts can be cut at anytime without additional compensation. If a player was on a two way contract and the team cut them at the half way point of the season, the would earn about 250k regardless if they played all G-league or some combination of both. How much Vince, who signed a 2 year two way contract will make depends on the duration of time he stays signed, not where he plays

rammad90

Elite Member
FYI you are mixing old and current details. To a degree, the salary does not flex like it use to based on games played. I’ll explain the salary last. 50 games is the max a two player can play. Previously 45 days was all a player could spend with the team. Now, they can spend more and even practice with, travel with the team as a deactivated player, etc. This change allows a player more development time and the team more assessment time than previously. Two way players can not participate in the post season. Now for the salary. If signed the entire season, players receive 1/2 the rookie min(approximately 500k this year). Teams can only have two players on two contracts and players on two way contracts can be cut at anytime without additional compensation. If a player was on a two way contract and the team cut them at the half way point of the season, the would earn about 250k regardless if they played all G-league or some combination of both. How much Vince, who signed a 2 year two way contract will make depends on the duration of time he stays signed, not where he plays
Not sure why someone would sign a two-year two-way deal. It seems the pay is capped and the player can be cut at anytime.

I have read a few articles and they all have the exact information. None go into particulars.

TampaKAP

Elite Member
Insider
Not sure why someone would sign a two-year two-way deal. It seems the pay is capped and the player can be cut at anytime.

I have read a few articles and they all have the exact information. None go into particulars.
Yeah it goes back to the discussion of the value of the 2nd round. It far and away benefits the team for a player to be drafted there.

TampaKAP

Elite Member
Insider
Going drafted in the second round on a 2 way seems better than going undrafted and getting $50k to play in the G league.
Actually one has nothing to do with the other. Kenny Lofton who is the Grizz other Two Way Player was undrafted and there will be 2nd round picks that don’t get any contract.

AlienAiden

Elite Member
Insider
I watched the whole game - on offense Vince basically ran down the court and went to the corner and spent 90% of the time in the corner or the deep wing.
I have been following the Grizz summer league news and the games. The media and coaches love to throw the 3 & D label onto Vince. To me that means play D and set up for a 3. If that is the label they have put on him they might want to reevaluate. Vince is better when he is moving and gets touches in the offense.

Last edited:

Mercury

Elite Member
Actually one has nothing to do with the other. Kenny Lofton who is the Grizz other Two Way Player was undrafted and there will be 2nd round picks that don’t get any contract.
Between a 2nd round pick and a UDFA whom do you think has higher odds of a two way?

TampaKAP

Elite Member
Insider
Between a 2nd round pick and a UDFA whom do you think has higher odds of a two way?
There are 60 two way contracts. As of today, 4 2nd round picks have signed two way contracts. 16 undrafted rookies have signed two way contracts so the Odds may favor a 2nd rounder because the pool is smaller but it seems way more undrafted players actually sign them